• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
  3. 12 years later, I'm still mad that you can't hide party members to improve fps.

User Info: Terric

Terric
5 months ago#1
The moment you make those 3 members at the Stornway inn, the game turns into a slideshow. I'm pretty particular about frame rate in games, and I'm always wondering why they couldn't just have a setting that hides party when exploring, which would have solved ALL these issues. It's not like the party even needs to be there, they are never acknowledged in the story and they just clutter the screen outside of battle.
(edited 5 months ago)

User Info: loeher182

loeher182
5 months ago#2
I concur. Game sorely needs a remake. Pretty much the only thing keeping me from replaying the game is the performance. The graphics are already dated, I wish it could at least run well.

User Info: KingDokapon

KingDokapon
5 months ago#3
I can't believe you guys are talking about this right now. It's been over a decade and I am playing again just to find y'all are still active?

I've played this game over and over, even with 3 other human players. And I've never once faced lag. I'm shocked anyone would over this...

User Info: loeher182

loeher182
5 months ago#4
KingDokapon posted...
I can't believe you guys are talking about this right now. It's been over a decade and I am playing again just to find y'all are still active?

I've played this game over and over, even with 3 other human players. And I've never once faced lag. I'm shocked anyone would over this...

It's not really lag, just the frame drops in towns. I've always been bothered by it even back in '09, I just put up with it. Going back into the game nowadays though? I can't anymore.

I'd really like to see a remake of this game. This is the only mainline DQ with only one version. I wonder if the lack of remake has anything to do with Level 5 closing its doors...

Terric
5 months ago#5
loeher182 posted...
It's not really lag, just the frame drops in towns. I've always been bothered by it even back in '09, I just put up with it. Going back into the game nowadays though? I can't anymore.

I'd really like to see a remake of this game. This is the only mainline DQ with only one version. I wonder if the lack of remake has anything to do with Level 5 closing its doors...

It should have been IX, not III, that they remade in that delicious HD-2D style

User Info: ThirdAwakening

ThirdAwakening
5 months ago#6
One day when Square has the sense to remake their second best and highest content Dragon Quest, you’ll get the Dragon Quest 9 2D HD Definitive S Edition (still less words than the japanese Omnislash) and won’t have to worry about lag.

Anyways, are you playing legit or on an emulator TC? It doesn’t sound like you’re playing legit.
Samael Merihem
PSN: ThirdAwakening
(message deleted)

Terric
5 months ago#8
ThirdAwakening posted...
One day when Square has the sense to remake their second best and highest content Dragon Quest, you’ll get the Dragon Quest 9 2D HD Definitive S Edition (still less words than the japanese Omnislash) and won’t have to worry about lag.

Anyways, are you playing legit or on an emulator TC? It doesn’t sound like you’re playing legit.

It's a legit cart played on a 3DS.

User Info: KevinReconAlpha

KevinReconAlpha
5 months ago#9
My biggest issue is not the lag but just how comfortable the game is with wasting your time in general with things like slow text scrolling and excessive tedium in gaining levels and chasing gear. I would love a remake that would polish all of this.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
  3. 12 years later, I'm still mad that you can't hide party members to improve fps.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A