• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: gamerman57

gamerman57
3 months ago#1
I mean, I can't not play this game now. I picked up my main file and played it a bit and now I want to play it again. So I restarted one of my other copies. I've only gotten to Stornway and made my characters, but yeah I'm enjoying it. This game just doesn't get old. I don't really know what I'm gonna do with my team though. I want to try vocations or weapons that I don't usually try. I picked a Priest, a Warrior, and a Martial Artist. My Priest will use Staves (not wands, the other one) and my Martial Artist will go unarmed and put some points in Fisticuffs. Not sure what the Warrior or the MC will use yet. Maybe Knives for the Warrior? I also kind of want to use Bows, or Hammers. Last playthrough I primarily used Gladiator w/ Swords, Paladin w/ Spears, Sage w/ Whips, and Ranger w/Claws.

Maybe go something like Armamentalist w/ Bows, Priest w/ Staves, Ranger w/ Axes and Gladiator w/ Fisticuffs (or Gladiator w/ Hammers and Ranger w/ Fisticuffs?). Maybe? Its hard because the weapons I haven't really used are usually on classes I have used, hence the Gladiator and Ranger. And Priests are just essential tbh. Now that I think about, I've used every class except probably Warrior in the story portion of this game, but Warrior have probably my two most used weapons, Swords and Spears. Idk, I'm overthinking it now lol

I'll definitely dive into the post game this time. Either on this file or continue the post game in my main file.

User Info: regirafariger

regirafariger
3 months ago#2
So, did you flush the run from a few months ago, or is this yet a different cart?
Blue Lou Diamond Diamond Almonds Phillips.

gamerman57
3 months ago#3
Different cart. I have three lol

gamerman57
3 months ago#4
Another option I could go with is instead of Ranger/Axes, I could go Paladin/Hammers. I kinda want to use hammers, but I don't want to have two Gladiators. Maybe I'll stick with a Martial Artist.

I also really don't want to abuse excessive amounts of Skill Points. I save that for the post game

I think I'll go with either

Minstrel w/Sword > Armamentalist w/Bows
Priest w/Staves
Warrior w/Knives > Gladiator w/Hammers
Martial Artist w/Fisticuffs

or

Minstrel w/Sword > Armamentalist w/Bows
Priest w/Staves
Warrior w/Knives > Paladin w/ Hammers
Martial Artist > Gladiator w/Fisticuffs

I'm kinda leaning towards the second option tbh. I already got an Oaken Club from a Hammerhood too. I'll put some points into Courage to get more Strength. Oh that reminds me, I need to actually do quests to unlock the new vocations. Great.

regirafariger
3 months ago#5
Gladiator's is pretty easy, Arma's is that Wizard Ward - Metal Slime thing that's a large pain in the ass, and Pally's is easy (if you've got a Warrior, which you do) but isn't available until Gleeba.

gamerman57
3 months ago#6
Cool, thanks!

There's also the option of not changing vocations at all. Each vocation I currently have has one weapon I've never really used. I'll also not have to worry about unlocking the other ones. It may also make the game a bit more challenging, or rather, not make it too easy. I overdone it last time I think.

gamerman57
3 months ago#7
I was gonna go Fans on my Minstrel Hero, but they really don't interest me that much and I like the aesthetic of Swords. That, and there is no Erdrick's Fan unlike Swords lol :) The game also kind of sets you up for using swords on your Hero because you start with one.

I know some post-game fans are pretty great though.

Anyway, I beat the Wight Knight, and I'm off to Zere.

regirafariger
3 months ago#8
The top fan is the one that comes from rank 10 chests, and has the side-effect of increasing coup-de-gras chances. So if you equip those on omnivocational fanmasters and have your post-game team consist of at least one Thief or Armamentalist and shoot for the Thief / Arma Co-op de gras to try to get rare loot from grotto bosses, then, yeah, some post-game fans are indeed pretty great.

gamerman57
3 months ago#9
The Attribeauty has a ton of bonuses too iirc.

gamerman57
3 months ago#10
Made it all the way to Coffinwell and I have a cool 5000 coins just waiting to be spent. Time to upgrade my gear!
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A