• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: DragonHero1234

DragonHero1234
7 months ago#1
All secrets you found in the game!!
I found:
  1. If you activate 360-degree camera cheat, you will see that back sides of all houses are not generated. This is because NDS is not that powerful. BUT the back of Angel falls' church is generated.
  2. Bushes that can be walked through are 2D.
  3. In ending music, if you listen carefully, you can hear castle theme from the Dragon Warrior 1.
  4. There is a ghost dog in stornway that shows you a mini medal.
  5. If you watch Serena's mentions after corvus battle, you can see how she died in Oubliette, with DLC boss Nodoph standing near her.
  6. Some characters are named after what role they play in game. Ex: Patty-party, Sellma-Sells stuff, Questelle-tells the hero about quests.
  7. Names for characters in Patty's PPP are generated randomly. One time, It showed a mage called Godfrey (King Godfrey Of Coffinwell is a DLC boss)
I am a gamer. Is it cool or not?

User Info: yab

yab
7 months ago#2
Patty and Sellma are also Simpsons references

DragonHero1234
7 months ago#3
And also I have noticed that Almighty's name, Zenus, is combination of Zeus and Venus.

User Info: Thard_Verad

Thard_Verad
7 months ago#4
Or a corruption of zenith, the highest point in the heavens. :)
"Many in harmony surpass one in perfection." - Guildmaster, Etrian Odyssey II

User Info: regirafariger

regirafariger
7 months ago#5
Thard_Verad posted...
Or a corruption of zenith, the highest point in the heavens. :)

...which, if THAT was the inspiration for it, would tie directly into DQ 4-6.
D'oh! JiMaggio.

User Info: FranckKnight

FranckKnight
7 months ago#6
Note that it's not that the back of buildings could not be generated, it's not a matter of power. Well not directly.

The power affects how many polygons can be seen (drawn) on screen at a time. But the fact there is a wall there means there's likely a polygon there, just without texture.

So the reason there's no walls in the back is simply because there wasn't a need to, they don't need to draw something that will never be seen during normal gameplay. Why the back of certain buildings are there though could be for various reasons, like cut scenes that may have been planned and scrapped among others. They often use tricks like that in games, stuff that are out of reach are drawn with more limited details because they aren't meant to be seen from up close.

Most of the assets are in 2D but stuck on a 3D skeleton in those games, that's why the bushes. Trees are often the same in those games, where the trunk is a 2D, and the leaves are 2x 2D pictures layered in a way to give some feeling of 3D.

It's interesting to see how they build those games with the limits in place.
Revival of The Unoriginal Comic : Webcomics and General Gaming
http://theunoriginalcomic.com

DragonHero1234
7 months ago#7
FranckKnight posted...
Note that it's not that the back of buildings could not be generated, it's not a matter of power. Well not directly.

The power affects how many polygons can be seen (drawn) on screen at a time. But the fact there is a wall there means there's likely a polygon there, just without texture.

So the reason there's no walls in the back is simply because there wasn't a need to, they don't need to draw something that will never be seen during normal gameplay. Why the back of certain buildings are there though could be for various reasons, like cut scenes that may have been planned and scrapped among others. They often use tricks like that in games, stuff that are out of reach are drawn with more limited details because they aren't meant to be seen from up close.

Most of the assets are in 2D but stuck on a 3D skeleton in those games, that's why the bushes. Trees are often the same in those games, where the trunk is a 2D, and the leaves are 2x 2D pictures layered in a way to give some feeling of 3D.

It's interesting to see how they build those games with the limits in place.
It is just interesting how they made FFIII in 3D. Some trees or bushes are 2D, but the other stuff is 3D.

User Info: Kayotime

Kayotime
6 months ago#8
If you go to the Observatory (preferably before falling in the mass chaos the fyggs brought about) directly south from the shining portal leading into the Protectorate (you have to go around up the stairs since a low wall blocks you from going directly) if you search around the T-shaped stairs (the ones that lead to Apus Major) at the bottom of the T (the T is upside down) in the middle there is a red chest or a door that leads to a red chest (can't remember which) that has a seed of life inside it! You can also use the 360 camera to find it if you're having trouble.

Bonus: After returning to the Observatory following the events in Coffinwell, all the red chests are closed again. Go and grab yourself a second seed of life for free! ;)
Yes, it's possible to get the Aurora Blade before beating Tyrantula. No, I will not tell you how I did it. If you really wanna know, ask yab.
(edited 6 months ago)

User Info: Kayotime

Kayotime
6 months ago#9
Oh! Another one I should mention, though it's not so much a "secret" as a helpful tip.

In the area where the Corundum item spawns (the opposite side of Dourbridge from where the Fresh Waters spawn, up near the second half of the waterfall) if you take the stepping stone path all the way until you are standing inside the flow of water, there is (usually) an extra Corundum hiding there. You can't see the sparkle through the waterfall, but if you stand in the waterfall you will usually get an exclamation point over your head indicating that there's a spawn there. So if you're gathering Corundum, always, ALWAYS check inside the waterfall, just in case that sneaky one is hiding there. Just thought ya'll should know that. I might post a picture next time it spawns to show ya'll where exactly it is.
Yes, it's possible to get the Aurora Blade before beating Tyrantula. No, I will not tell you how I did it. If you really wanna know, ask yab.
(message deleted)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A