• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: nepeon9

nepeon9
4 weeks ago#1
Has anyone heard about the team wanting to remake the game to the Switch where fans can enjoy the game without the need for all the StreetPass stuff ect?! They talked how they would want Level 5 to help out on the graphics ECT & they have a new engine that would fit perfect for the Switch. Also some part reason why it has not happened is due to the portable side of things which I don't get as the Switch is portable or maybe the Switch Lite is much portable now that they can go ahead & make it happen.

But either way the remake can still be played in both models so the team's worrying at the time can be put to rest now. Anyway they did add that the remake would take awhile & it does not confirm it's in the works. But they went all out talking about it so if it's not in the works why go through all that talk. I believe it is in the works as of now giving all the DQ games coming to the Switch. I think they just wanted to see how many fans wanted this & get some reactions to it. Again I believe it's coming & maybe next year we might hear about it?
CGSasuke
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: silktail

silktail
3 weeks ago#2
nepeon9 posted...
Also some part reason why it has not happened is due to the portable side of things which I don't get as the Switch is portable

They probably mean the Tag Mode part of the game, because the Switch doesn't have StreetPass or something similar.

I.e. You wouldn't be able to build up the Quester's Rest inn, or trade grotto maps with people, if they did a straight port.
---

User Info: Thard_Verad

Thard_Verad
3 weeks ago#3
silktail posted...
nepeon9 posted...
Also some part reason why it has not happened is due to the portable side of things which I don't get as the Switch is portable

They probably mean the Tag Mode part of the game, because the Switch doesn't have StreetPass or something similar.

I.e. You wouldn't be able to build up the Quester's Rest inn, or trade grotto maps with people, if they did a straight port.
---

I could see them doing something with NSO, where you talk to Erinn about canvassing for guests, then it connects you to three random people who also canvassed recently. And you would then be able to send your map out into the world. Or, of course, if you wanted to get a map from a friend, there would be that option too.
"Many in harmony surpass one in perfection." - Guildmaster, Etrian Odyssey II

User Info: nepeon9

nepeon9
1 week ago#4
Thard_Verad posted...
silktail posted...
nepeon9 posted...

---

I could see them doing something with NSO, where you talk to Erinn about canvassing for guests, then it connects you to three random people who also canvassed recently. And you would then be able to send your map out into the world. Or, of course, if you wanted to get a map from a friend, there would be that option too.

I would like that.
CGSasuke

User Info: Vanchous

Vanchous
1 week ago#5
i think DQ9 is best one in series,sooo much of content....now playing XI (and beat I,VII,VIII,IX) and ix still beast! Even consider that i didn't even understand grotto stuff when played it years ago )) need replay this game )

So yeah this game deserve remake )

User Info: Blizzkit

Blizzkit
1 week ago#6
I wonder what they could add in a hypothetical remake. I'd really like to see more varied grottoes and more character customization options.
I would love to play through DQIX again if it released on the Switch, might even get copies for some family members.
XBL GT: JoeCool8524
3DS XL FC: 4081 5498 9446(TSV 255 for X); 4356 0748 5151(TSV 1354 for Y); 1349-5064-3916(TSV 2860)

User Info: Dekadense

Dekadense
4 days ago#8
Wishful thinking, but DQ9 would work splendidly with the Switch.
  • Post New Message