• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: zombiemode

zombiemode
2 months ago#1
This is a pretty general question, but I just beat the main game and started doing a few grottos. I'm only on my 5th one but I wonder how long you guys spend on a grotto? Do you fill out the entire map before moving onto the next floor? Do you look for every blue chest? Do you use holy water or vanish to avoid enemy encounters? Do you just go from floor to floor as soon as possible? What can you do to remove tedium from the process?

User Info: Thard_Verad

Thard_Verad
2 months ago#2
It depends on why I'm in the grotto to begin with. On a new map I'll try to find all the chests on each floor. If I find three, I head for the stairs; if I fill out the map before finding three chests, it means that floor didn't have three to begin with.

Farming the boss? Find my fastest map and beeline the stairs.

Hunting MKS or PKJ? Vanish until one appears.

Bored? Farm a Legacy Boss.
"Many in harmony surpass one in perfection." - Guildmaster, Etrian Odyssey II

User Info: zombiemode

zombiemode
1 month ago#3
Thard_Verad posted...
It depends on why I'm in the grotto to begin with. On a new map I'll try to find all the chests on each floor. If I find three, I head for the stairs; if I fill out the map before finding three chests, it means that floor didn't have three to begin with.

Farming the boss? Find my fastest map and beeline the stairs.

Hunting MKS or PKJ? Vanish until one appears.

Bored? Farm a Legacy Boss.

Thanks!
  • Post New Message