• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
  3. Playing this game for the first time in 5 or 6 years.

User Info: regirafariger

regirafariger
4 weeks ago#41
And if the plan is to go ahead and level the Legacies all the way up, it's probably worth at least trying to get the one-time-only quest drop ones, Baramos plus the DLC quest ones if you get them, in a decent location. Finish the busywork the quests ask of you, but then hard church save before reporting back to the quest givers. This way, if you get a crappy map location way out in the boondocks you can throw that away and try again. In two files I have a Baramos quite near Bloomingdale and the other one is right next to Stornway in the Granite Tunnel of Woe 1 spot. It was worth the reloading effort, what with the sheer number of times going in there both to farm for the gear and to level it up.

User Info: gamerman57

gamerman57
4 weeks ago#42
Yeah, by end-game I meant Gittingham Palace, the Oubliette, and Realm of the Mighty. I'm probably not gonna do any post-game (Grottos/Legacies) in this file, for that I'm gonna jump back into my main file. Its been years since I played the main game, I don't really remember what the last bunch of bosses do

regirafariger
4 weeks ago#43
If I'm you, Gamerman, and I'm not so it's totally your choice, I at least go into the postgame far enough to see about the Legacies that come from quests, Baramos and the seven in the Extra Quests, and if you're not fully happy with the locations of what you've got in your main, or if you skipped over some of their lowest levels such that some of the costume gear is inaccessible, this is a chance to improve those matters. But if you were careful and knowledgeable the first time and don't NEED to worry about any of that, so much the better and never mind.

gamerman57
4 weeks ago#44
I think should be good, but I gonna double check actually. Thanks for reminding me! I got tagged a whole bunch of them from someone. I think I have one of every one near a major city for easy Zoom access. Most of them are still Lv1

User Info: silktail

silktail
4 weeks ago#45
gamerman57 posted...
Yeah, by end-game I meant Gittingham Palace, the Oubliette, and Realm of the Mighty. I'm probably not gonna do any post-game (Grottos/Legacies) in this file, for that I'm gonna jump back into my main file. Its been years since I played the main game, I don't really remember what the last bunch of bosses do

You will probably want to do the first post game boss right at the start, due the story involved.
---

gamerman57
4 weeks ago#46
I might, do that. If I don't, it really won't be that big of a deal, since I'm not deleting the file, just putting it on hold.

Anyway, I finished the game. I think my farming for items leveled me up so much that I became op since the last 4 bosses were pretty much a joke. In the final fight, there was one dangerous point where everyone was paralyzed at the same time. But I pulled through. On second thought, I think I will do the next little bit. I remember the boss being quite a bit more challenging than the final one.

I also have to remember what I was doing on the main file.

I can get all the bonus quests by tagging someone who has them, right?

User Info: silktail

silktail
4 weeks ago#47
gamerman57 posted...
I can get all the bonus quests by tagging someone who has them, right?

No, tag mode won't enable the dlc quests.
You have to enter a multiplayer session with someone who has them (either of you can be the host).
--

regirafariger
4 weeks ago#48
Which then begs the question, since you've made it clear you have two files of your own, can you visit yourself? If you traded over a map from the one to the other when you were after the purple trolls to unlock Sage, then that answer is clearly yes. So just fire up your DS Lite and your 3DS, or whatever the heck the two console units you own are, and multiplayer yourself. You'll want your new file you just finished to visit your old completed one, then when you Watcher's Wings your way back to where you came from, or else go back through Pavo's gate, you'll bring the DLC quests back with you to your new game.

Edit:, or, yeah, per silktail, I guess you could do it the other way around and have old visit new. But to put the Watcher's Wings into new's possessed items list for the battle records, new would need to visit old. I don't think, and somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, that hosting somebody else and they have Watcher's Wings but you don't is good enough to get the Wings listed in the Battle Records.percentages.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

gamerman57
3 weeks ago#49
I've never even done multiplayer in this. I'm gonna have to try it out sometime.

I loaded up my main file earlier. I have no clue what I was doing the last time I played. I guess I'll beat some Legacy Bosses or Grottos until I think of something interesting to do. I'm completely out of Blue Orbs. I think I'll start there.

regirafariger
3 weeks ago#50
It's through Pavo in the Stornway Inn, and when you do it yourself with two DS units in your lap or on the table in front of you or whatever it's a bit clunky, but that's OK if all you need is to do it for a minute to get Watcher's Wings and to send over the quests #121-184. It's pretty darned fun to actually do it with another human or two. Then you beat a grotto and compare to see whose new grotto is better as each game generates its own, or you beat a Legacy and both get the loot, etc.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
  3. Playing this game for the first time in 5 or 6 years.
  • Post New Message