• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
  3. PSA: Method to get the DLC without hacking/multiplayer

User Info: Throeaway

Throeaway
4 weeks ago#71
Hello. Just chipping in to say a massive thanks to @Gardaer for making this PSA, to the Woodus user that signal boosted it enough for me to gleefully stumble upon it and to @anotherwaffles for setting up and providing the service. Grateful also to the operator of wiimmfi for helping to make this as widely accessible as possible.

I am of course delighted just to have the extra quests and the special inn guests, but I'd also like to report that I, too, am running into the empty Alchaid 4 issue: the connection and download appears to go smoothly, Sellma appears as normal and announces that this week's event is Alchaid 4, but then instead of showing any menus it's back to "Oh dear." and the DQVC interface closes automatically as there was nothing to show. Attempting to reconnect tells you to try again tomorrow.

I have tried connecting over several days, occasionally alternating between altwfc's 172.104.88.237 DNS and wiimmfi's 164.132.44.106 and the exact same thing happens each time. I could probably transcribe every textbox for you folks next time it happens if it might help with debugging or whatnot.

No idea if it may be related, but I'm in the UK with a PAL cartridge, and playing on a 3DS XL.

Most of all I need that darned Christmas cake so I can get 100% side quest completion!

User Info: Shadowfire19

Shadowfire19
4 weeks ago#72
Dose the 2DS work for this?

User Info: oloringreyhelm

oloringreyhelm
4 weeks ago#73
Yes. As long as you can find a router with WEP security either a 2DS or a 3DS will connect. I have a copy of the game on one of each so I can effectively connect twice daily and share through multiplayer

User Info: Gardaer

Gardaer
4 weeks ago#74
Throeaway posted...
I am of course delighted just to have the extra quests and the special inn guests, but I'd also like to report that I, too, am running into the empty Alchaid 4 issue: the connection and download appears to go smoothly, Sellma appears as normal and announces that this week's event is Alchaid 4, but then instead of showing any menus it's back to "Oh dear." and the DQVC interface closes automatically as there was nothing to show. Attempting to reconnect tells you to try again tomorrow.

No idea if it may be related, but I'm in the UK with a PAL cartridge, and playing on a 3DS XL

While I don't expect it to be the case, I hadn't thought of the possibility that it doesn't work for PAL cartridges. Is there anyone with a PAL cartridge that does have a properly working shop?

Shadowfire19 posted...

Yes. It will work on any DS system, from DS, DSi, 3DS, etc.
Gardaer posted...
Throeaway posted...

No idea if it may be related, but I'm in the UK with a PAL cartridge, and playing on a 3DS XL

While I don't expect it to be the case, I hadn't thought of the possibility that it doesn't work for PAL cartridges. Is there anyone with a PAL cartridge that does have a properly working shop?

Shadowfire19 posted...

Yes. It will work on any DS system, from DS, DSi, 3DS, etc.

Are you sure? I'm playing on a New 3DS XL, and it won't even connect to a hotspot app on my phone (Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro), and I don't have any old routers, nearby public Wi-Fi, older DS models, or anything else previously mentioned, and I'm a little hesitant to turn off my current router's security because it actually belongs to the house I'm living in right now. Also, my laptop is being a complete b**** and won't start up properly, so I can't do anything with that.

So, I'm up Wormwood Creek without a paddle. Sucks to be me, I guess.

User Info: riskyboots

riskyboots
2 weeks ago#76
Has anyone seen wedding items on rotation? I've been signing in semi daily since the Second Chance event went up, but have only seen pirate, skeleton, and santa stuff for sale.

User Info: Blizzkit

Blizzkit
2 weeks ago#77
riskyboots posted...
Has anyone seen wedding items on rotation? I've been signing in semi daily since the Second Chance event went up, but have only seen pirate, skeleton, and santa stuff for sale.

I've only seen the proper topper and I'm pretty sure it's the only wedding item that's appearing now.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
  3. PSA: Method to get the DLC without hacking/multiplayer
  • Post New Message