• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
  3. Alternative to the Save Editor that works

User Info: Shuruku

Shuruku
3 years ago#1
Required: Patched ROM or Action Replay DS(i) code

Nintendo DS/DSi/3DS/2DS Configuration

Make sure you are using the right Action Replay DS(i) code (see below) or you have patched your ROM with the WfcPatcher (see below).
Go to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Setup. Do not use the System Settings but start up an online-enabled game.
Choose "Options".
Choose "Erase Nintendo WFC Configuration". (See picture 1.) This will allow you to make a new Friend Code on the new server for all games. This only has to be done once per console, not per game.
Set up a new wireless access point connection.
Set "Auto-obtain DNS" to "No" and insert 104.131.93.87 into both Primary DNS and Secondary DNS. Leave "Auto-obtain IP" on "Yes". (See picture 2.)
Save your settings and exit the menu.

https://github.com/polaris-/dwc_network_server_emulator/wiki

I've only accessed the store (DQVC) once, but everything seems to be working.

I haven't tried accessing the store a second time while Online, because I haven't bought the items I want yet which are currently in the store.

User Info: FranckKnight

FranckKnight
3 years ago#2
I've seen this on GBATemp, it's basically a 'Nintendo Wifi recovery project' or something, it wishes to emulate what the Nintendo Wifi service was offering for many games. Trouble is, the games themselves cannot be patched normally, so you have to play using a Flash Cart and a ROM.

And if you have those, you may as well just use the save editor instead.

But it does emulate the weekly refreshing and such, I'm not sure how accurate it is compared to the original DQVC service though.
Shameless plug for personal gaming blog :
http://fk-nantonaku.blogspot.com
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
  3. Alternative to the Save Editor that works
  • Topic Archived