• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
  3. The Official NYC Nintendo World Store Tag Mode Tuesday Topic V

User Info: Liamland

Liamland
4 years ago#141
You would need to use the save editor to enable the guests, then use the NDS Adaptor to put the save back onto your cartridge.

User Info: FizzyDudeBro

FizzyDudeBro
4 years ago#142
Hi, I live in NYC, manhattan. Does this still happen every thursday, or is the event obsolete?
Dark RPG Wizard 06 4 years ago#143
Tuesday, and we just met up today.
*Casts Doom on everything* You all must now feel the pain that I have felt...DIE!

Liamland
4 years ago#144
Hey FizzyDude. Yes, we still meet every week, on Tuesday nights, around 6:30ish through the 8pm, closing time.

Today, while we mourned the loss of the DQVC (sarcastic thanks to Nintendo) we saw the return of RPG Wizard, from his work-hiatus.

Did some legacy boss battling and got two Silver orbs. One off Baramos, the other from Zoma. The Zoma fight was a level 91, and it was the second time we fought him. The first time we were unlucky and he psyched up, raised tension to 100, and cast a Kacrackle that wiped out our entire party in a single attack. I guess no one was paying enough attention to Disruptive Wave, or maybe it was that he attacked last, one round, and then attacked first, the next, resulting in 6 simultaneous attacks.

User Info: FizzyDudeBro

FizzyDudeBro
4 years ago#145
Cool. In about a month (maybe shorter) I'll see if I can make it every tuesday at that time. But if there's more than 4 people, what would happen?

Liamland
4 years ago#146
When we have more than 4 people, we will typically have someone sit out, or we break out into two small groups.

If you need maps, it's better to have more people because we can spread out the special maps faster that way.
Dark RPG Wizard 06 4 years ago#147
Ugh, not making it today. Working on the apartment.
*Casts Doom on everything* You all must now feel the pain that I have felt...DIE!

Liamland
4 years ago#148
np. It'll probably just be me, Drova and Deka tonight.

btw, it was Destructor526/Erdrick's birthday yesterday, so a Happy Birthday shout out to a Tag Mode friend and semi-regular. Erdrick, show up to Tag Mode sometime soon, so I can pass off an in-game Birthday cake to you.

Liamland
4 years ago#149
Having some trouble accessing my Dragon's Den Community login right now, so I can't post the findings on this test, but I just did some research and testing and I was able to successfully port over a character by copying specific values from one save file to the next.

Previous attempts to do this had failed and left the inn empty, but the guest-book full. I have a few reasons for why this might be. First is that any conflicts seen by the save editor are typically ignored. This time I paid close attention to the sequence number that tells the save the order in which each character was tagged, and made sure it matched the max number of visitors. I also tried to pay attention to how many people were in each room. This is where it gets tricky, because I suspect that if you have too many people in one room, this is an instant where the character would be ignored and therefore missing from the inn. In my successful test, I moved the earliest sequenced character from the first to the second floor to make sure there was room in the first floor for the character I was adding.

The process was a little labor intensive, and with the work-arounds and the extreme necessity for attention to detail this could cause more problems that I was trying to resolve, such as disappearing inn folks. It's still technically faster than tagging. However, the fastest possible way (and likely the most efficient) may be to just use the save editor to upgrade the inn, without tagging the full 30 uniques. That will be my next test. I plan on reposting these findings to the topic in Dragon's Den tomorrow, once I've resolved the password issue.
Dark RPG Wizard 06 4 years ago#150
Well yeah. Editing the inn to the max level would be the fastest way. Starts to border on abuse for some people though.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
  3. The Official NYC Nintendo World Store Tag Mode Tuesday Topic V
  • Topic Archived