• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: tw1g_007

tw1g_007
9 years ago#1
This is a first. I went online to have the items refresh as normal but it still stuck to my old list of items prior. This was so weird especially since it said "downloading content etc etc". Did this happen to anyone else today?
MHP3rd AGGL Legend [HoF]: (StickyHBG + ShieldMOD) = [AGGL]
Vindicated! Over a decade of work finally realized for my personal enjoyment. Nothing feels sweeter.

User Info: LAGriever

LAGriever
9 years ago#2
Yep, happened to me this morning. Anyplace we could contact about this at this point in time? I knew things might get bad when the Bridal Fayre was labeled Guest Guy's Week last week...

User Info: NeoDefcon

NeoDefcon
9 years ago#3
Same here. I just connected to it and it didn't change a thing for me. Hope this isn't a sign that DQVC is on it's way out. I've been enjoying the crap out of it. I've only had this game now for two months.
3DS Ambassador: Defcon 2878-9590-2581
Gamertag: Shadow Defcon PSN: HyperDefcon

LAGriever
9 years ago#4
Me too, NeoDef. I bought the game when it came out and used DQVC for about four months before life took me away from it. I just started back and was looking forward to all the things that I missed. I really hope they keep the servers going for some time to come.

User Info: ignasia7

ignasia7
9 years ago#5
Could be they're changing out servers and data didn't transfer properly, could be they removed the program running DQVC, it could be server maintenance, it could even be connection problems between the server and the internet or router.

We'll see what happens tomorrow...if they have taken it down I can't fathom why. The cost to them is so miniscule it shouldn't even register.

User Info: Laugh_Lover

Laugh_Lover
9 years ago#6
Man, it'd suck if the DQVC went down now, of all times. My last four equipment needed for the Wardrobe are sold the 15th!

Besides, shouldn't they at least wait until the second "year" of DQVC is up to end it?

User Info: Liamland

Liamland
9 years ago#7
I would hope it wouldn't go down at all. While it isn't absolutely necessary, the heart of the content of this game is about giving completionists plenty of game to keep playing, and collecting items that are unique to the shop is part of that.

It's not essential by any means, but anyone just starting the game after they would allegedly take down the shop would have a lot less access to items, weapons and the alchemical properties necessary for some of the more advanced weaponry and armor in the game.

User Info: ignasia7

ignasia7
9 years ago#8
Liam, you're forgetting the post game quests, including the quests allowing for the legacy bosses after Baramos. All of those will be locked off, as it's all run through the same system. So the only two ways around this require an AR, one where you can take your save onto your computer and use yab's translation of the japanese save state hack, the other using plain old AR codes.

User Info: Nerthing

Nerthing
9 years ago#9
ignasia7 posted...
Liam, you're forgetting the post game quests, including the quests allowing for the legacy bosses after Baramos. All of those will be locked off, as it's all run through the same system. So the only two ways around this require an AR, one where you can take your save onto your computer and use yab's translation of the japanese save state hack, the other using plain old AR codes.

You could also connect via multiplayer with someone who has them all to get them.

Tried again and I was able to download, but same problem as yesterday.

LAGriever
9 years ago#10
Is everyone still having the same problem today?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A