• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: yab

yab
9 years ago#1
Does this week even have a name? I hope it's not "Orbsome".

0 Red orb 50000
1 Blue orb 50000
2 Yellow orb 50000
3 Green orb 50000
4 Purple orb 50000
5 Silver orb 50000
6 Enchanted stone 600
7 Ethereal stone 6000
8 Chronocrystal 30000
9 Reset stone 3400
10 Malicite 666
11 Venus' tear 12300
12 Corundum 300
13 Resurrock 225
14 Sunstone 3530
15 Thunderball 430
16 Brighten rock 480
17 Lucida shard 1800
18 Cowpat 2
19 Horse manure 1

lol at the troll items.

http://www.yabd.org/apps/dq9/dqvcsearch.php#h=0,1,2,3,4,5
http://www.yabd.org/apps/dq9/dqvcseeds.php#i=0,1,2,3,4,5

User Info: I_h8_sauerkraut

I_h8_sauerkraut
9 years ago#2
Haha, I knew it. That's a whole lot of gem slimes I'll be killing.

User Info: GauRocks

GauRocks
9 years ago#3
I took all the text out of my last two tables this week to see if anyone would notice.

http://home.comcast.net/~therealgau/dq9/main.htm

Still, this is a good theme week.
:{//=|ROYAL DEFENDER OF NABOO|=\\}:
REALLY
- adv. Apparently.

User Info: System Error

System Error
9 years ago#4
May want to add the seeds page to the main list.

Not that it's particularly helpful for this week, seeing as how there's only a few maps that are able to get all six under the shortsighted list. :/ Would it be possible to make a searcher with an expanded outlook? Like, take the list of seeds you put in, then say which map has the closest reachable combination. It'd be great for tough combinations that are possible through a somewhat lengthier process.

Also, I noticed my setup from last week that I had to manually get in lieu of something automatic like that still works for this one, though since there's six instead of five, I'd be missing the Silver Orb.
Do you WANT TO get banned? - die70sdie, in a suicide topic.
After a date, walk up to her and press L1. - BRIAN11, on how to kiss a girl.

User Info: Hydeka

Hydeka
9 years ago#5
Is there a better place to make money than the desert south of Gleeba? Currently i'm level 42ish, and i just finished running around the Magmoor. I haven't gone to the gore-tress yet, but this weeks 200,000 dollar a day price tag is going to destroy my thumbs.

Also, thank you very much yab for teaching me how to get the most out of the DQVC!
The God of Landmines Hates Metal Detectors.

User Info: Perfect Sierra

Perfect Sierra
9 years ago#6
If you've got at least 452,430g, alchemize and sell Gold Mail. If you have less than that, alchemize and sell Ear Cosies until you've saved enough gold. You can find more info on where to get the ingredients in the sticky board FAQ, under the heading 17) Tips. I hear it's about 400,000g profit an hour, but it's so mind-numbingly boring that I don't think I've ever managed to last that long to check. :p

As far as I'm aware, the only methods which are faster are hunting Gem Slimes in a grotto with an all-Gem Slime floor or making use of a "Millionaire Map", specific grottoes with high-ranking chests that can be plundered on lower floors. Both of these methods are not only post-game, but also require extremely rare maps, so I'm pretty sure most of us just stick with the Gold Mails.
...All of which makes me anxious.
At times, unbearably so.

User Info: redsky6

redsky6
9 years ago#7
I love how Sellma says "Congratulations! You're now the proud owner of a lump of horse manure!". At least i also managed to also get a red and a purple orb.

yab
9 years ago#8
Not that it's particularly helpful for this week, seeing as how there's only a few maps that are able to get all six under the shortsighted list. :/ Would it be possible to make a searcher with an expanded outlook? Like, take the list of seeds you put in, then say which map has the closest reachable combination. It'd be great for tough combinations that are possible through a somewhat lengthier process.

Same thing I said last time, I didn't include the lengthy processes because they don't always work, plus it slows down the search to a crawl. I know you wanted it to go to BRx12 + Zoomx5 + NFTxwhatever or some other insane amount of combinations but it would take forever. I think if it's something particularly tough then look at the main dqvc page and see if there's a group of them that are clustered together (I should expand that though at least)

I did add a few more combinations to both pages though.
yab, please can you help :)

Please can you tell me how to use your DQVC table? So far, I'm inputting map seeds and checking the items I want, which generates a list of actions I need to take to get the listed items. But I don't understand some of the instructions and abbreviations like BR and NFT.

This signature is down for maintenance. Please check back later.

yab
9 years ago#10
br = Battle records (press select)
nft = Nose for Treasure (thief skill)
zoom = Use Zoom (anywhere) inside the inn.
exit/enter (d/n) exit the inn and reenter while it's day or night.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A