• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
  3. The Official NYC Nintendo World Store Tag Mode Tuesday Topic II

User Info: The Mystical One

The Mystical One
9 years ago#1
I thought I'd start the next one, despite not being in NYC at all. But I was there on NWSTMT once!

Previous thread: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/937281-dragon-quest-ix-sentinels-of-the-starry-skies/56050135
Bald Ninjas! http://www.baldninja.com
Super Metroid 1:53, 100% Items

User Info: Xerain

Xerain
9 years ago#2
I intend to stop by there tomorrow. I understand it is 5-7. Is there a particular time more people are there? Also any regulars there with one of the Japanese maps? All I have of note is a Ruby world of Fear lv 86 I found on my own. Has Moai Minstrels and MKS on like floor 14. I guess it's something being how long it took me to find an MKS map.

I normally live in Arizona, and there's like no DQ9 players in Tucson. So any help would be appreciated.
Sliced bread is over hyped. I give it a 5.
~~Xerain
Xerain posted...
I intend to stop by there tomorrow. I understand it is 5-7. Is there a particular time more people are there? Also any regulars there with one of the Japanese maps? All I have of note is a Ruby world of Fear lv 86 I found on my own. Has Moai Minstrels and MKS on like floor 14. I guess it's something being how long it took me to find an MKS map.

I normally live in Arizona, and there's like no DQ9 players in Tucson. So any help would be appreciated.

We're generally hanging around in the center of the first floor. (It's where the DSi and DSi XLs are) 5-7 is the best bet, though if you can stay a bit longer, you'll probably get to run into Liam. (More tags are always good!)

I don't know if Erdrick will show up, but I've got all of the Japanese maps as well. (As well as all of the boss maps and the rest of what you'd like) I'll give you an ALL-MKS floor map, a Gem Slime map, a treasure map (Kawasaki Locker), and I guess ko-iti's Millionaire map. And anything else you may need. (High level monster grottos, any of the legacy bosses in useful areas, et al.)

I guess I'll start handing out TMO's Gem Slime map.

Also, TMO, way to steal the new topic. ...though I guess you've got a point, you did show up there once. All right, fine. *throws hands up*
*Casts Doom on everything* You all must now feel the pain that I have felt...DIE!

User Info: Xerain

Xerain
9 years ago#4
That would be amazing. I tried to go to the best buy event when they launched the game, but the only best buy in Tucson having the event cancelled it. So I have no maps other than baramos level 1, which I haven't worked on as leveling has been slow and painful.

This will be my first time going into the city by myself, so it's kind of like a quest to get a treasure.

I'll possibly be there closer to 5, as I'm going into the city to meet up with my cousin. I might be able to swing by later in the night to see if anyone else is there though. Doubt I'll get 30 tags, but it will certainly be better than the 3 I have.
Sliced bread is over hyped. I give it a 5.
~~Xerain

User Info: Destructor526

Destructor526
9 years ago#5
I wanted to start the new topic. I was going to post all the map names so that it would be easy for anyone looking to see what we have. Oh well. Is Shirato showing up? I keep getting nonsense in DQVC (I would like 4 rusty pieces of each to hold onto plus enough for 4 Erdrick's equipment, but that seems unfeasible at this point for me).

I was thinking about showing up, but I don't know.
PSN and Xbox Live name - Destructor526

User Info: The Mystical One

The Mystical One
9 years ago#6
If you want to remake this thread with the map list, I can close this one.
Bald Ninjas! http://www.baldninja.com
Super Metroid 1:53, 100% Items

User Info: Destructor526

Destructor526
9 years ago#7
Nah, it's okay. I'm sure not many people actually read the 1st post of the last topic so we will probably be mentioning these maps a dozen more times. Besides, I think by this point, since we always mention maps in posts and I have read in other topics of people mentioning us, people have a good idea of what we have.

I saw that the older topic was reaching 500 and wanted to post, but I was busy all day and it was already done when I got back.
PSN and Xbox Live name - Destructor526
Ugh. I'm running late after installing an antenna for family member elsewhere in queens. Should be there at 5:30 at worst.
*Casts Doom on everything* You all must now feel the pain that I have felt...DIE!
All right, I'd like to thank Xerain for dropping by. Hope you got useful maps and had a good time in NYC! It was fun tagging with you. Sorry that we didn't get a chance to do some multiplayer.

Also a shout out to Janel who happened to be there.

It was good seeing Sol as well...and I'm sad I missed Liam, but apparently he had places to go. At least he got the tag, so I can't complain too much.

All in all a pretty good week for Tag Mode Tuesday. (Oh, and hey Dekablue. Just so that you know you're not being left out.)

User Info: MelonGx

MelonGx
9 years ago#10
@Liamland (from last post's page 50)

The 1.88M Gold per hour for ko-iti's Millionare Map is calculated by multiplying the cost of the following lap:

[START] Enter the grotto cave -> Go to B3 via the quickest route -> Quicksave -> Quickload -> Open 2 chests -> Evac -> Close the map -> Re-open the map -> [END] Entering the grotto cave again

You need to ensure your quickest route towards B3 has no zigzag walkings, engaging enemies, etc.
If you did it very well, it would only cost 1m 24s for a lap.
Although the international DQ9 cart's slower text speed may make it slower than 1m 24s, it would not be delayed too much since the text was not taking so much time as your walking.
So we'll have the result as:
[3600s / 84s * (21500+22500)G] / h = 1,885,714 G / h
If 1m 30s for a lap, then it still has:
[3600s / 90s * 44000G] / h = 1,760,000 G / h

It wouldn't be so little as 800,000 G / h except you had got over 50% failure at opening 2 chests.
Dragon Quest IX Famous Grottoes - http://dq9grotto.wikidot.com/
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
  3. The Official NYC Nintendo World Store Tag Mode Tuesday Topic II
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A