• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: psu256

psu256
11 years ago#1
I was looking around on atwiki and found this page:

http://www16.atpages.jp/hayao/wifisearch.cgi

If I'm reading this correctly, it seems to imply that you can figure out what 6 items are on the DQVC based on the falling slimes on the loading screen and... what grotto map you last had open influences what items you get in the DQVC?

Wow. Just... wow.

User Info: oneonenine

oneonenine
11 years ago#2
You are correct.

I wrote it in a topic here a little.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/937281-dragon-quest-ix-sentinels-of-the-starry-skies/55948750

This is the tip that is called "Map Method" in Japanese.
By using this technique,you can get 6 favorite items in the DQVC.

Though I only have to be able to explain better.
It manages to write it on the translation site because it is not good at English.
I want an excellent translator...

User Info: Starwars4J

Starwars4J
11 years ago#3
I made a topic about awesome DQVC hauls I got when I had a red slime at the loading screen. Despite knowing how people trash the idea, my good luck continued. Yes people still were stubborn, but nice to see some validation in the "coincidences" I've been seeing!
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade

User Info: psu256

psu256
11 years ago#4
its not the red slimes on the loading screen, its the blue ones that waterfall on the connection screen when loading from wi-fi

User Info: The Mystical One

The Mystical One
11 years ago#5
Now if one we could get a nice English working site for this...
Bald Ninjas! http://www.baldninja.com
3DS FC: 0259-0806-2909 Mattman (Matt IGN) XY Safari: Steel Klang/Ferroseed/Bronzong

User Info: The Mystical One

The Mystical One
11 years ago#6
*one -> only
Bald Ninjas! http://www.baldninja.com
3DS FC: 0259-0806-2909 Mattman (Matt IGN) XY Safari: Steel Klang/Ferroseed/Bronzong

User Info: FFVI

FFVI
11 years ago#7
Great so I have to complete more maps just to get better DQVC...

User Info: Lucidic

Lucidic
11 years ago#8
@oneoneone

I managed to find your post buried deep in the hiomi table thread but I am a little confused at how it works. I am not sure what you are supposed to do with the map (do you just activate the map? Do you need to beat the boss of the map?) What do you need to do to initialize the RNG and what actions advance the RNG?

I also noticed you said you could use it to predict when you will get seeds of strength from brownies. Now THAT would be some pretty nice information!

User Info: oneonenine

oneonenine
11 years ago#9
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/937281-dragon-quest-ix-sentinels-of-the-starry-skies/55682244
I found MelonGx writing the basic of "Map Method" by this thread.
The part is copied.

1. Make your Masayuki Map at the bottom of the "Items-Treasure Maps" 's page. (Sorting by type, status and level are all OK)
2. Choose "Go treasure-hunting!" on your Masayuki Map and leave it open.
3. Go to Stormway Inn, re-open the "Items-Treasure Maps", and then shut it down immediately.
4. Contact Sellma and link to DQVC. If connection failed, retry step 3 and 4.

This is a method of the technique for buying a favorite item with DQVC.
However,It is basic of the procedure where arbitrary seed is set from 1 to 3 with at.
Because the judgment of the item drop is done with AT,
"Seed of strength" can be taken from brownies by making AT arbitrary.
It doesn't ask the state in the map,you have no need to activate the map,you have no need to beat the boss of the map.

It enters Zere, and it goes out.
At is made arbitrary by using "Map Method" of masayuki.
Brownies goes out to the left if it succeeds.
If a right enemy is knocked down first by the ability "Clap Trap", and a left brownie is knocked down next by ability "Clap Trap",
"Seed of strength" will be able to be stolen.

User Info: Lucidic

Lucidic
11 years ago#10
@oneoneone

This is pretty fascinating! I'd like to thank you for bringing this information to the boards!

So let me get this straight...
1)Move the Masayuki Map to the last position in the map list
2)Activate the Masayuki Map
3)Walk into the inn in Stornway
4)Open the map menu again but do not do anything, just open the menu, do not select any map, just exit the menu

^Doing this will set the AT to a set value, but how do you advance that value if you want different items?

Now for the Brownies
1)Move the Masayuki Map to the last position in the map list
2)Activate the Masayuki Map
3)Get inside Zere
4)Walk out of Zere
5)Open the map menu again but do not do anything, just open the menu, do not select any map, just exit the menu
6)As soon as you exit, a Brownie will appear on the left
7)Enter the battle and have all four of your characters use "Clap Trap"

At this point you said if the Clap Traps land in a certain sequence then "a seed can be stolen" does this mean the Thief book will steal a seed after the battle?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A