• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES
  3. Minato/MC & Persona 5 *END SPOILERS*

User Info: SaiyanMexican

SaiyanMexican
9 years ago#1
Do you think Minato/MC will make a return or cameo appearance in Persona 5?

Allow me to give you all my logic for thinking so. So those that played The Answer & saw that MC became the seal to block out Nyx from Erebus. His story now complete, that should've been the end of it right? Well then I read in a thread somewhere that Elizabeth left the Velvet Room to find a way to free MC. I haven't started P4 yet but her Wiki page has a small snippet on that.

That's when it all started to make a bit of sense. From what I see, P3 is more favored than P4. I might be wrong. But P4 got it's own movie, animation, & now fighting game. Then they started to direct their attention back to Persona 3 with the recently announced movie.

So with Elizabeth's Quest To Free MC in mind & The Movie to hit later in this year or the next, would it be a good movie to bring MC back for P5 since he'd be pretty relevant? Would he be a Boss Battle of some sorts? Maybe he'll appear post credits to give you a hint of his return in P6 with an older P3 cast. Crazy ideas right? lol I'd like to hear yours.

Were you satisfied with MCs story & would like to leave him as he is? Or would you like to see some kind of return with little or major involvement with or without the P3 Cast?

User Info: Hipster_Candy

Hipster_Candy
9 years ago#2
not to sound like an ass, but i hope he doesnt come back it would make the entire ending and theme of P3 useless. and from what i can tell i thought P4 was the most loved SMT game (it deserves the love) BTW the whole Lizzy reviving Minato is her story in P4A but i havent played it so... :(

User Info: _Izanagi_

_Izanagi_
9 years ago#3
Elizabeth possesses the power of the Wild Card and the Universe Arcana and so she can become the seal in place of Minato. She might do that. And if Minato is revived, it DOES NOT make the entire ending useless. He still sacrificed himself, expecting to die and not thinking he could be revived. Besides, there isn't any reason for him to be the seal. Elizabeth is the useless one who never does anything. Except for trying to revive him.

User Info: SaiyanMexican

SaiyanMexican
9 years ago#4
That's your opinion & I'm sure most would agree with you. So don't see it as you being an ass lol I personally don't have a preference to have him back or not. I'd be ok with whatever they decide to do with him. His story has it's closure, but I feel like it's too big of a presence to just ignore. Just trying to get thoughts & a discussion going on what they would do with him if he did come back.

User Info: Mechafanboy

Mechafanboy
9 years ago#5
So far, the persona games have been completely unrelated to each other (aside from p4 being featured in the same area)

Unless they decide to change this trend, I don't see a high chance for any MC to return.

Edit: I'm ignoring Persona 4 Arena due to a difference in genre though. I suppose it shows they're willing to use past characters in one game... ... perhaps.
http://altogether.insani.org -> Visual novel goodness
Maaya Sakamoto and Younha are amazing~ <3 <3

User Info: LeBronHendrix

LeBronHendrix
9 years ago#6

User Info: Rojo_

Rojo_
9 years ago#7
Persona 4 arena hints at Elisabeth being the new MC or at least of great importance in the future so i expect MC to return

User Info: CloseTheMoon

CloseTheMoon
9 years ago#8
Jesus: Born , Death, Rise from Heaven.
P3MC: Born, Death, Somehow will rise from heaven.

[spoiler] He'll make lot's and lot's of cameos in Elizabeth's Story.[/spoiler]

Also could be possible that MC can become an Ultimate Boss like Sir Hito Shura also matching his difficulty :D
Human greed knows no bounds.
-Atsuro, SMT: Devil Survivor

User Info: Rasen543

Rasen543
9 years ago#9
Mechafanboy posted...
So far, the persona games have been completely unrelated to each other (aside from p4 being featured in the same area)

Unless they decide to change this trend, I don't see a high chance for any MC to return.

Edit: I'm ignoring Persona 4 Arena due to a difference in genre though. I suppose it shows they're willing to use past characters in one game... ... perhaps.

No, 4 takes place 2 years after 3, and the guy in charge of 4 said all the personas share a universe.

And IIRC Persona, Devil Summoner, and Shin Megami Tensei: If... all take place in the same universe.
Host of Cathedral of Shadows: A Megami Tensei Podcast
Find the podcast here!: http://www.youtube.com/user/RasenReviews

User Info: Mechafanboy

Mechafanboy
9 years ago#10
Aside from P3/P4, the storylines seem to be completely independent to each other even if they are set in the same universe. I don't even remember any nods or cameos to P1/2 in P3, (iirc there was some minor advertisement in P4? ..I think?)

Don't really see the relevance of being in the same universe if the prior work doesn't get referenced at all.
http://altogether.insani.org -> Visual novel goodness
Maaya Sakamoto and Younha are amazing~ <3 <3
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES
  3. Minato/MC & Persona 5 *END SPOILERS*
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A