• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Dammyl

Dammyl
6 years ago#1
Annnnd here's why:

Kicking the pots. I felt embarrassed doing this while a friend watched. Embarrassed and stupid.

Cheap, repeat levels. The boat level and then, later, the "sister" ship--i.e. the ship we put in as a crap extra level to make the game last longer.

Combat. Okay, #@$@!!! You stand directly in front of me! We shoot each other repeatedly until one of us dies! Ready! BUDDHABUDDHABUDDHAA!! Yaaa, I win!

Thor's Hammer. Just a teeensy weensy little bitty thing eh? How convenient. Lara can stick it in her back pocket. I hope the curvature of her a** doesn't break it.

Swimming. O2 eh? Yeah let's just remove an element that makes the game more intense and challenging. Breathe in baby. Oh and don't worry about wearing just a bathing suit whilst swimming in arctic waters (here the O2 would of course be acceptable, for me). Hypothermia? Nahhhh.

The motorcycle. In the jungle. Yeah. Okay. Sludgy. Stupid.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of the things were nice though. Here they are:

Lara brushing leaves and branches out of her face whilst running. Nice touch, and it works.

The puzzles were big and fun to solve.

Lara's butt looks great.

They took out jumping backward from the grappling hook.

In closing, I hated this game. It needs realism. You can't swim in a bikini in arctic waters. Thor's hammer, if it existed, would be too heavy for Lara to even lift, let alone tuck way in her pocket. And the combat....oh man. Okay, I'm done. Outta here.

User Info: JoveHack

JoveHack
6 years ago#2
Dammyl posted...
Annnnd here's why:

Kicking the pots. I felt embarrassed doing this while a friend watched. Embarrassed and stupid.

Pretty good point. Needs some alternate method of checking the pots, like Leon knifing open containers in Resident Evil 4.

Cheap, repeat levels. The boat level and then, later, the "sister" ship--i.e. the ship we put in as a crap extra level to make the game last longer.

Repeating a level isn't terrible. As for "sister" ships, most ships are part of a series of ships built to the same design. It makes sense for the same company to have more than one of the same type of ship. It makes maintenance and training/transfer of crew a little easier.

Still, it is cheap.

Combat. Okay, #@$@!!! You stand directly in front of me! We shoot each other repeatedly until one of us dies! Ready! BUDDHABUDDHABUDDHAA!! Yaaa, I win!

You can take that approach if you like. I prefer moving around more, even if it's not strictly necessary.

Thor's Hammer. Just a teeensy weensy little bitty thing eh? How convenient. Lara can stick it in her back pocket. I hope the curvature of her a** doesn't break it.

No worse than all the other stuff Lara's put into her little backback over the years.

Swimming. O2 eh? Yeah let's just remove an element that makes the game more intense and challenging. Breathe in baby. Oh and don't worry about wearing just a bathing suit whilst swimming in arctic waters (here the O2 would of course be acceptable, for me). Hypothermia? Nahhhh.

And she does it without swimfins or a facemask. As for being too heavy for Lara to lift, that was the point of Thor's gauntlets.

Then there's this. Skip ahead to 2:00 to see the amazing part.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHlAJ7vySC8

All in all, you're still lucky. I've only got the PS2 version, which is a buggy, poor port of the massively chopped down Wii version.

Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com
  • Topic Archived