• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 3
  3. Sims keep dying during eating contest

User Info: JuegoConFuego

JuegoConFuego
6 years ago#1
The first time I entered my Sims in an eating contest, I used the "testingcheatsenabled true" code so that I could manually scroll down their hunger really low. (Didn't want them to get fat, after all.)

Shortly into the race, one of them dropped to the fetal position and died! I assumed that I had accidentally scrolled his hunger down too low, to the point of starvation. So I exited without saving the game, started it up again, and then sent my Sims back to the summer festival. Stupidly, I had them enter the eating contest again, this time carefully monitoring their hunger levels.

This time, my other Sim died!! Is this like some cruel public service announcement warning us to not eat too quickly? WTF?

User Info: tmac_attack1

tmac_attack1
6 years ago#2
I believe there is a huge chance that your sim will choke to death while competing in the eating contest. That's what most likely causing it.

User Info: JuegoConFuego

JuegoConFuego
6 years ago#3
Some sort of warning would have been nice. Do you know if bobbing for apples poses the same risk?

User Info: MurderKing

MurderKing
6 years ago#4
LOL'd at the topic title. That is all.
"How does one inflict deaths on the enemy more often?"

User Info: JazzyBlackk

JazzyBlackk
6 years ago#5
What works for me is not having their hunger too low (in the yellow) because while choking down hot dogs or pie, they will vomit, making their hunger go even lower. I always save, just in case, because the first time my Sim died, too. There's also a lifetime reward that helps them.

My hubby's werewolf totally owned his contest. Werewolves must have a bottomless pit for food.
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 3
  3. Sims keep dying during eating contest
  • Topic Archived