• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 3
  3. Screen tearing?
OldAngryGamer 12 years ago#1
My sister has been playing this on her laptop, and when she zooms in to the normal view to see her sims in their house, some parts of the are will be stretched across the screen. If she zooms out, she doesn't have this problem. I thought maybe her computer wasn't powerful enough to play it, but according to Can You Run It, her computer shouldn't have any problem running it at all.

Anyone have any clue what to here? Is there a patch that will fix this? This issue seems to get worse the more she plays it.
RCtheWSBC 12 years ago#2
Can You Run It can tend to be unreliable in some cases. What's her specs, specifically graphics card? Is she playing according to her laptop's screen resolution?
https://i.imgur.com/HZf4bFJ.gif
the White-Sounding Black Chick
OldAngryGamer 12 years ago#3
She's got a ATI Radeon 3200, I think it's got 2 gigs of memory on it. Because the computer says it has 1919 mbs of memory.
makotech222 12 years ago#4
Force vertical sync in your graphic card settings. It does this to my gtx260 too, because the game likes to run at >200fps.
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 3
  3. Screen tearing?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A