• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 3
  3. Can't uninstall The Sims 3

User Info: ALeperAffinity

ALeperAffinity
9 years ago#1
I'm trying to reinstall the game but when I try to do that in the control panel I get this error message:

"An error (-5005 : 0x8000ffff) has occurred while running the setup.

Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications."

I'm not running any setups as far as I know. This is really frustrating as reinstalling the game is not even an option as that's exactly what I'm trying to do here. >:\
last.fm/user/VelvetKevorkian/
Writing down my infinity. Writing for all eternity...

User Info: BlackRose203

BlackRose203
9 years ago#2
First try restarting the computer and doing it again. If that don't work try manually removing the sims 3 from your program files folder and maybe also remove the sims 3 file in your documents folder. Then try reinstalling. Oh and doing it manually will mean the loss of saved games, custom content, and mods.

User Info: justkeith

justkeith
9 years ago#3
I had the same problem.
I think if you tried patching the game to 1.3, and it was interrupted because of an invalid file, it's an unfinished setup.

User Info: ahima

ahima
9 years ago#4
I had the same exact problem, I ended up having to go in and manually delete all of the files out of my registry before it would let me uninstall and reinstall. I'd suggest running a program like Revo Uninstaller to clean everything out. :/

User Info: raghad545

raghad545
9 years ago#5
hey .. plzz !! somebody help me in this !! ... i uninstalled sims 3 once.. and now i wanna to re install it!!.. but when i do .. they say ((( the setup has detected that version 1.2.07 of the Sims 3 is already installed.

this setup installs an earlier version of the Sims 3 (1.0.631).

You will have to uninstall the previous version before installing this version.)))

and i have went to control panel to uninstall the sims 3 they wrote... ((an error (-5005 : 0x80070002) has occured while running the setup.

Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications.
If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor: Electronic Arts (http://www.thesims3.com)))).. so what can i doo !! .. plzz helpp !!

User Info: YuSaKu

YuSaKu
9 years ago#6
Just skip all the hassle and use Revo Uninstaller.
http://www.milkfaerie.com/

User Info: justkeith

justkeith
9 years ago#7
Or you can do what i did, and just get a 1.2 patch off the interenet.
Install the 1.2 patch and just click yes, you want to install it anyway, when it says it's already installed.
And then uninstall.
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 3
  3. Can't uninstall The Sims 3
  • Topic Archived