• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. The World Ends with You
  3. How do you feel about the Anime compared to the game?

User Info: Jester_Helquin

Jester_Helquin
5 months ago#1
I watched the first episode, thought it was kinda eh, I plan on catching up today since I am a huge fan of the series

User Info: Ryowho

Ryowho
5 months ago#2
It's alright. The animation and action are fantastic. But Neku is a bit "nicer" than in the game. Wish we could hear more his thoughts like in the game.

User Info: Jester_Helquin

Jester_Helquin
5 months ago#3
The mix between 3d and 2d are a little jarring

User Info: Metallia

Metallia
5 months ago#4
The anime has some hella wonky pacing and skims over a lot of character development.
I wouldn't say it's "bad", but the game certainly presents the story better.
Instead of rifles / We play guitars
Sing for survival / That's just who we are

User Info: Akesan

Akesan
5 months ago#5
Ryowho posted...
But Neku is a bit "nicer" than in the game.
That's actually because what the subtitles are is a direct translation of the JP version. In the JP version, Neku is just shut-in, not rude like in the English localisation.
Play TWEWY. Fail and face erasure.
-The Reapers

User Info: TopHatPangolin

TopHatPangolin
5 months ago#6
Akesan posted...
That's actually because what the subtitles are is a direct translation of the JP version. In the JP version, Neku is just shut-in, not rude like in the English localisation.
I think refusing to engage in pleasantries in Japan comes off as way ruder than the equivalent behavior in, say, the US. So it's sort of necessary to rude it up. Also, it's really funny and results in heaps of beautifully written dialogue.

I've been trying to get through the anime, but it's kinda tough. It seemingly requires knowledge of the game to fill in for the rushed pacing and suspend disbelief for shoehorned stuff like imprinting... but it's not full-on fanservice, either. I can't imagine recommending it to newbiws.

It's odd that it makes so many big changes and rearrangements, considering. Re-emphasizing 777, making the Prince more of an active, visible influencer early on... These moments are pushed as intrigue without pay-off, even when the characters act all surprised about it. If they wanted to make an action anime, they shoulda cut more & relied on visual storytelling more than dialogue.

As a fan, I wish it focused on personal interactions between the characters more and maybe gave us new side stories for the schoolgirls, the ramen guy, etc. etc., and kept the action to short little bursts of resolution like Sailor Moon or something. Instead, it's cutting out all the low-key moments that bring you closer to the game's cast along with Neku. Feels compromised.
Play Soul Sacrifice Delta? Add me! NotEntirelyThere on PSN
(edited 5 months ago)

User Info: Remaniac

Remaniac
4 months ago#7
Akesan posted...

Freaking translators doing a terrible job again...

Just like with FFVII Remake
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3755-0043-7726
  1. Boards
  2. The World Ends with You
  3. How do you feel about the Anime compared to the game?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A