• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Heroes of Mana
  3. I have loved this game for years and now its dead ?

User Info: Zero_Gravity94

Zero_Gravity94
9 years ago#1
sheesh.
guess i need to play pokemon ;Z
goomi i want goomi - manaphy, pokemon eos

User Info: randomdue927

randomdue927
9 years ago#2
yeah its pretty sad you finished this game?
If there was game made out of cheese and about cheese i would buy it, play it, finish it then eat it!

User Info: Zero_Gravity94

Zero_Gravity94
9 years ago#3
Yea completed it twice, its one of those games i can play over and over again .
goomi i want goomi - manaphy, pokemon eos

User Info: Tsilon

Tsilon
9 years ago#4
Wow, after seeing this, im gonna start playing again. Gotta get points on heroes ranking

User Info: arendt1a

arendt1a
9 years ago#5
I just wanted to say a few words about my experiences with the game.

For the longest time, I got stuck on the 9th mission, where you have to sink the gulbatte. I was getting frustrated with the ai, controls, pathfinding, everything was annoying me about the game, and I put it down for a while each time. Then, this weekend, i got the fatal urge once more and TRIED so very hard to get around all the problems I had with the game, because I really wanted to enjoy it.

And then, magically without noticing, I did get around those things.

When ever I was ordering 1 or a few units around somewhere, i would simply click a few times at the right spot. This, i convinced myself, made sure they all picked the right path. Sometimes, if it looked like they were going to do some retarded loop right near the end, i just kept tapping around until it showed a more reasonable path. very rarely after this did a unit wander off into enemy territory, but whenever they did, the minimap was an invaluable tool.

When i wanted to order a larger group around, i did one of two things. if I had some time, and wasn't under attack, i would move them one group at a time. heavy first, ground, missle, flying, leaders. stuff like that, and would move them into some kind of V formation or something for easy moving later. When i wanted to move a large group from one point to the other quickly, i would just select them all, pick a spot, and keep tapping that spot until while watching the minimap - i was looking for all the units to face all the same way, then I could be assured they would get there alright.

all in all, I thought the better strategy was to make as few units as possible, and as strong as possible. so instead of cheap unti spam, i would err on the side of a few stronger, more easily micro-managed few units.

Also, something else i found. At first, i tried to make the battles easier by turning the speed all the way down to slow. This may be a good idea when you're trying to send your first movement or build orders, but you'll only drive yourself insane if you leave it there. Everything happens too slow, and you'll get frustrated when they don't listen to your orders in a timely manner, wheras at a medium pace, they seem to respond quickly enough.

So, basically what I'm trying to say to anyone new to this game is that if you're frustrated, but really want to get into this game - you definately can. I hope my few little tidbits are good advice, and that it helps you.
  1. Boards
  2. Heroes of Mana
  3. I have loved this game for years and now its dead ?
  • Topic Archived