• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SimCity DS
  3. Little stuck..

User Info: Jebs123

Jebs123
10 years ago#1
My population is stuck at a steady 22,834. Has been for a couple years now. It won't go up, it won't go down. It used to be over 24,000. One day it started dropping and it kept going until it reached 22,834. So my question is, how do I get my population to start rising again? I don't have any money either, it's at around 300 right now. Everytime I try to adjust the taxes a little so I can start gaining money, people start leaving. What should I do?
Narg.

User Info: f1madman

f1madman
10 years ago#2
If you can take out a loan and raise some land value by placing stadiums/zoos in residential areas. Or use the loan to build more residential/commercial/industrial, depending on what's in demand.
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC

User Info: Jebs123

Jebs123
10 years ago#3
Well I figured all of that out, but I still can't get my population over 200,000. Money isn't an issue anymore, but I've heard of cities with over 500,000 people. How is this possible with the amount of space given to you to work with???
Narg.

User Info: food_sleep_game

food_sleep_game
10 years ago#4
i have well over 600,000 people in my city
the trick is to get the most out of your space
if you let your zone develop you will notice they go from 1x1,2x2 and finally to 3x3
the 3x3 zones hold the most people so aim for those
there are also better versions of 3x3s
i only use the ones that hold the most people
i do that by destroying the zone and rezoning until the desired building is constructed
my 3 zone types are made up entirely of:
The Italian Villa (res)
Chertsey House (comm)
Stonecutter's Guild (inds)
The hell is a 'rexpounce'? Is it like where a Tyrannosaurus Rex jumps on you?

User Info: food_sleep_game

food_sleep_game
10 years ago#5
also i forgot to mention that the first two building need a very high land value for them to be constructed
you can do this by surrounding them with fountains and other things that raise land value
in addition buildings that are constructed will not revert back to 1x1s and 2x2s unless deprived of electricity or water
so you could build one of those buildings and surround it with industry or landfill zones and still have maximum effect just make sure to build the building first
that is how i have residential zones and industry zones next to each other
The hell is a 'rexpounce'? Is it like where a Tyrannosaurus Rex jumps on you?
  1. Boards
  2. SimCity DS
  3. Little stuck..
  • Topic Archived