• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Yakuza 2
  3. Sega Corp. actually owned by yaks

User Info: yboucher

yboucher
12 years ago#1
You know, as much as I love Sega, and the Yakuza game, I just can't come to terms with the fact that the company is actually owned by yaks.

Furthermore, don't you find it ironic that one of the first orders of business when Sammy took over was to create this game, which basically glorifies the yakuza lifestyle ? It's really no coincidence...
You can say the whole world's crazy. But nothing is ever gonna change until you start by looking at yourself.

User Info: Sonic5227

Sonic5227
12 years ago#2
sources?
Awaiting - Mega Man 9, Sonic Unleashed
Wishing for - Rocket Knight 2(not Sparkster) Ristar 2, JSR 3, Shenmue 3...

yboucher
12 years ago#3
Well, it's pretty well known in the game dev community in Japan that almost all companies are tied with the yaks, if only through financing. But this is especially true of Sega, Sammy, and Konami.

Of course, it'll be hard to give you a hard source, but Sammy Corp. is Japan's largest pach'inko machine manufacturer. The yaks control 100% of the pac'hinko business. Do the math...

Plus, don't forget that Yakuza is the first ever japanese-made game that broaches on the subject. It couldn't have been done if it didn't get their blessing, the ice is way too thin.

Anyways, I've said enough, I could say more, but I won't... :) If you wanna learn more, do your own research, and talk to some Sega employees... :)

You can say the whole world's crazy. But nothing is ever gonna change until you start by looking at yourself.

User Info: DingoEnderZOE2

DingoEnderZOE2
12 years ago#4
I second that, name your source or I'm afraid I'm going to have to accusing you of BSing.

C'mon this is the internet, a place where it's possible to pretend,and lie about a bunch of things do you really expect us to believe your story without anything to back it up?

Talk to Sega Employees you say? How about you give us a LOG of your own conversation with a "Sega" Employee?
-Signature on hold until I find a worthy one-

User Info: HeeroXXXG-01W

HeeroXXXG-01W
12 years ago#5
What you say is worth nothing if you don't have sources.

I know that Japan is a country devastated by the Yakuza, to a point where people accept it as part of Japanese society because there's simply nothing they can do about it. Even politicians, as high up as the Prime Minister, can have ties with the Yakuza, and if one politician does something they don't like, they kill him, just like what happened last year or the year before.

yboucher
12 years ago#6
Ok, so you guys obviously seem to know how it works, yet you're still asking me for sources ?? Come on, you know that I can't pull you a hard source with a name just like that. But just do some research.

And again, I re-iterate what is Sammy's core business: pach'inko. And Sega owns hundreds of it's own arcades. Come on guys, you can do the math yourself.

Of course I can't (and you can't either) find you a link on the net, because none of this gets talked about in public (if only for the fact that it could be grounds for a libel suit). But just use your good common sense. It's been known for a long time in Japan. And I say it again, it's not just Sega, it's the case for a lot of game companies.

yboucher
12 years ago#7
I'll add this as evidence :

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/banking_and_finance/article4621950.ece

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601039&refer=columnist_pesek&sid=aU3ZmO2FATRk

It's not perfect, but consider it. Firstly, there are only about 6 banks in Japan that finance the gaming industry. _Every_ one of those banks has ties to organized crime, in the fashion described in the link above. But some companies also have direct investment. Sammy, Sega, Konami are some of them. Konami's corporate HQ is a brand new skyscraper straight in the heart of Roppongi. You couldn't get that real estate without ties.

Like I said, i can't give you cold hard evidence of the fact, simply because there isn't, that's the name of the game. But we can still know what's going on...

User Info: detrop

detrop
12 years ago#8
this game has nothing to do with how the real yakuza works. they don't go around doing side missions helping people and bashing people up. they may own shares of companies or own the companies themselves but its just their way of making money. who cares if they created this game or not, the game is enjoyable. yeah!

User Info: Sonic5227

Sonic5227
12 years ago#9
I can say you do sound convincing but, being naive on the net is also common sense. Like I said though I kinda believe as what you say DOES make sense. Cool.
Awaiting - Mega Man 9, Sonic Unleashed
Wishing for - Rocket Knight 2(not Sparkster) Ristar 2, JSR 3, Shenmue 3...

User Info: daoud_qin

daoud_qin
12 years ago#10
when I read the title I thought the poster was referring to the animals and not japanese gangsters. I'm actually kind of disappointed.
  1. Boards
  2. Yakuza 2
  3. Sega Corp. actually owned by yaks
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A