• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  3. help! Corrupt game files question!
thegraveyard 9 months ago#1
SPOILER WARNING

Hey guys. OK! DEEP BREATHS! Lol. So I've got a level 43 character I've become really attached to. There's a recent post on the board here about how in my game somehow it seems something glitched with the unicorn and it replaced my horse, I know there's info about that out there but what I've read about the glitch and what commonly happens with it is not quite what's going on. In my situation the unicorn usually appears wherever I fast travel but not everywhere. Case in point literally two minutes ago I fast traveled from Chorrol to finish Wanderleah by talking to the brothers and he's not here he's in the stable pen by chorrol. He never attacks me or any non hostile NPCs and I've drawn swords and weapons around him he doesn't attack. Idk what's going on but I love it. I went to do Umbra but got Clavicus Vile and Hircine confused for some reason. Fast traveled to the shrine the unicorn is with me ignoring the priest and worshippers. The daedra Prince asked me to kill the unicorn. Realized I made the mistake. So I killed the priest and the worshippers and shot the statue in the head with an arrow. The Great thing was that one of the worshippers fought back and out of nowhere after he hit me the unicorn leapt out of nowhere and killed him with a hit. I loved that !

So between that and all the other awesome stuff going on you can imagine my horror the other day when my most recent save and the auto save both froze immediately after the loading 100percent screen went through and the usual screen with the game tips in the box and the background picture to load the game in and it just froze. Would not budge. Would not load. I had a save from not too far behind that did work thank God. Got it going. Did the quest over and everything was OK. Did some stuff and saved at the bed in Rosethorn. I was saving over saves. I did that twice and had the auto save. Well I fired up tonight both the saves and auto save freeze. Thank God I had a save from a little before I fast traveled to Rosethorn.

So I'm wondering if someone could please tell me what's going on and if my game is now in permanent danger of being lost, if something is up with the auto save?? Can it be fixed?? I did a little googling and see different things. The one thing that I'm most worried about is someone saying something about this is not Oblivion but a Ps3 issue and yet after all these years I've never had this happen with any other game ever.

I read having alot of saves and re using save slots (saving over saves) causes this. So right now I deleted all the old saves and just saved 5 new saves of my current situation. Are these "new saves" safe now and moving forward should I just basically always do new saves?

Something that concerned me was the guy who said the issue was ps3 said because its a PS3 issue all the saves are compromised but that doesn't make sense since I did after all just fire up the save I'm using now which was just a few minutes behind in game from the messed up saves. They said the only true safe thing to do is use a flash drive USB. well my flash drive is at my apartment and I'm staying at the family home for now because of a recent death and so the PS3 is here and I'm really not up for running out after a long day it's night time I'm tired my dog is dead asleep and I just wanted to kick back with some oblivion.. Ill obviously grab the flash drive tomorrow but I wonder now if anything I do in game is in jeopardy before I grab the flash drive.

Anyone else have any issue like this?? Anyone out there can you please help me out??? If not for my sake then for the unicorn who you yourself probably slew in a past playthrough?? You can fix that karma and get right with Azura by helping me. Do it for the Corn. Not the Children of the Corn. Not Jim Cornette. Not KoRn but THE LAST LIVING UNICORN OF NIRN!!!!!!
Let's be friends on PSN! My ID: TheKlash
thegraveyard 9 months ago#2
Hey guys. Unbelievable. So last night after that post I did some minor stuff in game. I saved 5 new saves in one place and 4 in another. None of them worked. I did a little experiment just now. So my last working save has me in Chorrol. I had been completing Weatherleah then going about my business. Nothing could ever load. So just now I opened the working save. Did not finish weatherleah (all I have to do is visit the brothers). Instead I fast traveled to anvil to the Manor which is where I had been going after completing weatherleah all those other times. This time, don't finish weatherleah just go direct to anvil Manor then saved. Loaded up the chorrol save. Finished weatherleah. Traveled to the Manor. Saved. The save with weatherleah completed does not load. The save without finishing weatherleah does load. Finishing the quest appears to be messing up my game. I'm curious if this means finishing any quest may do this again or if its something with the journal updating or what the hell is going on. I'm tremendously disappointed. Is it possible to move the save to my PS4? Ugh. Any help would be appreciated
Let's be friends on PSN! My ID: TheKlash
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  3. help! Corrupt game files question!
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A