• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  3. I refuse to kill the last Unicorn
thegraveyard 11 months ago#1
Hello. I mean no offense to anyone, I assure you, save perhaps Hircine. And his followers maybe. I assure you i am not a "woke" person nor am I a "proud (boy) person". I am mine own man, as they say. That established, I wish to tell you all I refuse, utterly and completely, under oath, to murder or allow to be murdered the last unicorn. It shant happen. Nae. Nay. Nein. No. IYE! I WONT BE A PARTY TO IT. HE CAN TAKE HIS SAVIOURS CUIRASS AND STICK IT RIGHT THERE WHERE THE SUN DOTH NAE SHINE !!!!!! I DONT WANT IT, I DONT NEED IT, I WONT HAVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!

or uhm.... do I need it, actually? Is it not refusable? Must I have it, will there be game breaking or otherwise consequences????? Because....well....in that case..
*sad but curious, perhaps puzzled even, face*
Let's be friends on PSN! My ID: TheKlash
Bowhunter2525 11 months ago#2
It won't break the game, and most people probably do not use the saviour's hide to reach 100 Magic resist but if it is completion of all is something you want to do you cannot get to the final Deadric quest without doing all the others.
thegraveyard 9 months ago#3
Hey. Thanks so much for your reply. I had no idea and by pure coincidence saw it only today. Well I did not know of what you said in terms of having to do all the daedric quests to get to a final one. I won't lie, it has tempted me... I have a long game going one I've been going with for many months now. I came across the unicorn by total accident. I had bought a horse some time before but never rode it. . I rode the unicorn and it ended up replacing the horse I had bought... I looked at the unofficial Elder Scrolls wiki and it said that a rare glitch can happen with the unicorn and that appears to be the case for my game. He is always spawning wherever I go. However the wiki said it would do things it has never done. It never attacks me or any NPCs and it doesn't attack when I arm myself either or cast spells or conjure creatures... it really acts just like a loyal dog it's amazing....

I had been putting off the umbra quest for a looooong time and finally decided to do it tonight. The thing is for whatever reason I got Hircine and Clavicus Vile confused. I appeared at Hircines shrine and got the unicorn quest. Well I reloaded the save and instead I attacked and killed the three Hircine followers LOL but the cool thing was that the unicorn got violent for the first time and attacked them with me.. it didn't attack until I begun aggressions. Lol.

Well I'm not gonna lie after you told me this stuff I looked up the final reward and yes it's tempting and yes I want that but I guess it's not gonna happen cuz I am playing on a console no PC manipulation possible... and it's just so cool what's happening with this unicorn that I just can't do it....lol. if anything should change I will be sure to post about it but thanks for that info!

Incidentally when I attacked it just to see what would happen it did not fight back... very weird! It didn't run away either it basically let me kill it.. but of course I didn't consider that "canon" for my playthrough and quickly reloaded lol
Let's be friends on PSN! My ID: TheKlash
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  3. I refuse to kill the last Unicorn
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A