• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Steel_Soul

Steel_Soul
12 years ago#1
How can i obtain or make cursed items? I need a hood of torture for some assassinations, and im not sure how to get this. Any suggestions?
PsN: Morbid_Hunger

User Info: AmrcnZero

AmrcnZero
12 years ago#2
if you want to make a hood of torture it depends on how you want to torture the person wearing it.

The target npc will only put it on if it is a zero weight hood and they don't have any other ones. I am not sure if the npc will actually put it on (depending on the enchantment).

Try enchanting a black hood (which is a zero weight hood) with an enchantment that damages fatigue. In order to put this enchantment on the hood you will need to learn a spell that damages fatigue.
PSN: Brocman (DSA)
"sir, im sorry, but i feel as though "no you" works well enough." - dark_thry2

User Info: Machines_Of_Dog

Machines_Of_Dog
12 years ago#3
if you want to kill your target then damage fatigue will be of no use although it is a fun spell/enchantment...black hoods are pretty rare and i'm not sure that an npc would definitely equip it since it has no value but don't quote me!...i'd recommend mages hoods which you can find in conjurer dungeons or buy from rindir in the IC market district...enchant them with fire damage...alternatively you could make permanently bound armor and use that...if you simply wish to carry out some assassinations without committing murder then use poison or you could get creative with command or frenzy

Steel_Soul
12 years ago#4
How do i get the hood with a damage enchantment? Im pretty sure you cant get a peice of armor that will hurt yourself using a sigil stone :P Sorry im a bit of a n00b when it comes to enchantments

Machines_Of_Dog
12 years ago#5
you simply need a weightless garment - a hood is recommended because most npcs aren't wearing headgear...if they're wearing helmets you'd probably need to use permanently bound armor...

got to rindir's staffs in the IC to buy mages hoods (or kill a conjurer adept and take theirs)...take the hood to an altar of enchanting (sigil stones are no use for this type of enchantment)...bring along a filled grand or black soul gem or filled azura's star...enchant the hood with say: fire damage on self - you will only be able to have 5 points...et voila you have a hood that you can reverse pickpocket onto a target that will kill them...

select your target...enter their inventory either in sneak mode using pickpocketing or just use paralysis if you like...hit L1 and place the hood in their inventory...now leave the cell they are in - fast travel to another location to be on the safe side....wait 24 hours in the game calender...return to you victim - you should get to watch them die...

the earlier posters suggestion of damage fatigue for a hood of torture is great since constant damage fatigue will indefinitely paralyse your victim allowing you to torture them to your hearts content before administering the coupe de grace and they'll be able to scream but no one will hear them where i'm taking them...heh =P

Steel_Soul
12 years ago#6
Where can i find these altars you speak of?

User Info: uprrslo

uprrslo
12 years ago#7
Interesting you mention this method. I've tried the reverse pickpocket twice, once on one of the dark brotherhood guys I had to kill and I got an error message that said I can't place items in the container while I'm pickpocketing. Tried this on my maid in Skingrad because I wanted to give her this cool necklace I had but I get the same message. Bummer.
Psn: uprrslo

Steel_Soul
12 years ago#8
Im doing next of kin, im stuck on that punk in the imperial city because i cant get him with a 1-hit kill. :P

User Info: uprrslo

uprrslo
12 years ago#9
I had the same problem. I tried sneaking into the manor to off him but I keep getting spotted when I enter (I have a high sneak skill but nothing else. I couldn't kill him with one hit while he was out for a walk even while sneaking. I think I had to use a shock bow (+15) and a fire arrow (forget the name) which was (+15). I hit him while I was out of sight and then went in for the kill with my sword. I might suggest either waiting until he goes to sleep and sneak into his house, or just cast a frenzy spell on him while in front of the guards and let them do the dirty work for you. I was going to try the latter as a last resort. I might suggest using a frenzy spell on the dude who sits in the bars drinking in different cities. He's a real pain to try and kill. You can't take him down with one hit and sniping him from afar didn't work for me. Cast it on him while your in Bruma or Skingrad and let the patrons take care of him. A last option is to see if the ogre(forget his name) shows up invisible while he's in Skingrad. he will sometimes attack the ogre causing the guards to come in and finish him off. Cheers.
Psn: uprrslo

Machines_Of_Dog
12 years ago#10
Interesting you mention this method. I've tried the reverse pickpocket twice, once on one of the dark brotherhood guys I had to kill and I got an error message that said I can't place items in the container while I'm pickpocketing. Tried this on my maid in Skingrad because I wanted to give her this cool necklace I had but I get the same message. Bummer.

your problem is that you are trying to reverse pickpocket items that have weight - you can only reverse pickpocket weightless items..

frenzy would work in this case or you could command the idiot to follow you outside the city or into the sewers and have him killed by beasties...you could also just use poison which will keep your bounty very low...

• Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A