game keeps freezing(spoilers...for some)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Orange Box
  3. game keeps freezing(spoilers...for some)

User Info: garet89

garet89
10 years ago#1
HL2 keeps freezing near when I'm in the citadel (after obtaining the blue enhanced gravity gun) heading towards Breen right at the long path with the strider and that's when it freezes and that's the only place it freezes it stops moves a frame then it doesn't do any thing after that.

I appreciate any help you may be able to offer. thank you

P.S. I got my Xbox February '06 but I don't think it's a sign th RRoD however I've been wrong before.

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
10 years ago#2
same! in the exact same spot right after a check point just before a strider fight. I don't have a finger print, scratch or eyelash on the disc and i've cleaned 3 or 4 times.

The game works fine if load a level after that section but I've tried over a dozen times and it keeps freezing as the combine charge me.

pointing out spelling and grammatical errors on forums has now replaced sarcasm as the lowest form of wit!

User Info: TheCuza

TheCuza
10 years ago#3
It froze on TF2 for me earlier.
Currently Playing: Games. What the hell else am I going to play?!

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
10 years ago#4
Just visited the PS3 boards and apparently alot of people are getting the same problem.

It only happened to me after I dowloaded an update for HL. lets hope they patch it soon (and that this one doesn't brake the game as well)

pointing out spelling and grammatical errors on forums has now replaced sarcasm as the lowest form of wit!

User Info: StillFallin

StillFallin
10 years ago#5
The problem's been there ever since the game came out.

All you can really do is start a new game on that level and hope it doesn't freeze this time. Luckily, it's not very long, or difficult to get up to that point again.
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/kirby/kirby_071220s-l.jpg

User Info: Tocomba

Tocomba
10 years ago#6
just reload the chapter.....i had the same problem and this fixed it
  1. Boards
  2. The Orange Box
  3. game keeps freezing(spoilers...for some)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived