• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Need for Speed: Carbon
  3. Cannot Launch on Windows 7 x64!!

User Info: lotherius

lotherius
11 years ago#1
Okay, first things first. This is a LEGAL copy of the game, bought through the EA DOWNLOAD MANAGER.

Okay, the game simply does not even launch. I never get splash screens, or anything. I've installed and updated to 1.4 patch.

When I run the game, I get an error message that states: "The version of the user interface associated with this software is too old, press ok button to replace the user interface files with latest version"... I press OK... absolutely nothing happens, the process exits. So I tried Run as Administrator. No workee. Sometimes I get that error message, most of the time it simply silently fails. I also tried disabling themes & desktop composition. Tried compatibility mode for windows 95/98/2000/xp/Vista and no dice.

So, am I simply SCREWED and can't play this game? Or does someone know how to actually get this working on Windows 7 64 bit?

To recap, I have A LEGAL NOT CRACKED COPY and:
1. Have updated to Patch 1.4
2. Have tried "run as Administrator"
3. Have tried disable desktop composition & themes
4. Have tried compatibility mode for all versions of Windows.
5. Have done all of this on both nfsc_launcher.exe and nfsc_link.exe
6. Searched, read forums, etc.

I have read on a couple of forums that supposedly this is tested & works on x64.. doesn't seem so much to be the case for me.
AthlonX2 4800+, 4GB/Windows 7x64, ATI HD3870.

User Info: ILOVENFS999

ILOVENFS999
11 years ago#2
I have Windows 7 64 Bit and Need For Speed Carbon Collector's Edition 1.2 and have it on my computer. I bought this game for my XP computer which crashed, and I lost the code, so I tried to download it [legally] off of EA. I went to open it and it said something like 'This version of the game is too old.' and wouldn't open. It might just be a problem with the downloading thing, so, sorry, I would just buy the game on CD and use that. (I found my code and used it, and it worked, so it's not my computer.) I hope this helps.
Hello! I am the signature eating monster. I have eaten this signature. NOW I WILL EAT YOURS! NOM NOM NOM NOM!
  1. Boards
  2. Need for Speed: Carbon
  3. Cannot Launch on Windows 7 x64!!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A