• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Need for Speed: Carbon
  3. If anyone still goes on this board...

User Info: Dogman1227

Dogman1227
11 years ago#1
Can you help me out, I can't start Need For Speed Carbon: Collectors Editon. It's the downloaded version for the PC and no matter where I I start it from, either the desktop or the EA download manager, it will not start. It will be really appericiated if someone can help. I also understand it doesn't reun under the Windows 7 enviornment but It should start in compatiblity mode.

User Info: pyber80

pyber80
11 years ago#2
Before running it, make sure that you've downloaded and applied the most recent patch (which I believe is still 1.4). That patch addressed a few issues with Vista, and may help you with Win7 as they are structurally quite similar.

That aside, the game has always had problems with any Windows OS aside from XP and EA has long ago moved onto newer projects so they are probably no longer concerned with putting out a patch to help Carbon run under Win7. Also, compatibility mode still doesn't always address issues related to running a program that predates your OS. It usually will work, but not always.

Oh, and you may have to do the whole "Run asAdministrator" thing as well, though I've not had much experience with Win7 yet so not sure if that was passed on from Vista or not.

Ordo Ab Chao
  1. Boards
  2. Need for Speed: Carbon
  3. If anyone still goes on this board...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A