• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Need for Speed: Carbon
  3. Game crash: Windows 7 issue?

User Info: kjellboy

kjellboy
11 years ago#1
YEah. I got Windows 7 and installed the game on my laptop today.

I've checked system requirements and I know my laptop can run this. But since I've installed Windows 7 I've experienced problems starting this game.

For your information I nought the game through EA Store and I have the digital version of the game.

Thanks for any help I can get.
(Steam: kjellboy_)(PSN: KingKjellboy)(Xfire: kjellboy)
Currently playing(PS3): FF7, Tekken 5, LBP, R&C: Quest for Booty, Burnout Paradise

User Info: zachguitar0386

zachguitar0386
11 years ago#2
Ok im unsure bout windows 7 but i know vista has problems too, so if they are the same, then I can help you, and im pretty sure they would be.

You have a couple of options:

1. Download the NFS Carbon v1.4 patch from their wesite or google it

2. Change compatibility to Windows 98 (only one that works) NOTE this is the least recommended one to do, as apparently your game can crash sometimes

3. Rename the MOVIES folder in the installation directory. (note doing this you wont have any in game movies, but it will run flawlessly)

remember theres no point in doing all 3, i suggest the 1.4 patch as its official, if not, deleting the MOVIES folder is ur next best option.

Hope this helped you out

User Info: kjellboy

kjellboy
11 years ago#3
Thanks for your help. :)
It helped patching to 1.4, finally able to play Carbon. And I set the compatibility to Windows Vista SP 1. :)
Currently playing(PS3): FF7, Tekken 5, LBP, R&C: Quest for Booty, Burnout Paradise

User Info: Blade8Aus

Blade8Aus
11 years ago#4

kjellboy posted...
Thanks for your help. :)
It helped patching to 1.4, finally able to play Carbon. And I set the compatibility to Windows Vista SP 1. :)

---

ill keep that in mind when i get windows 7. thank you for posting this topic :)

1. Boards
  2. Need for Speed: Carbon
  3. Game crash: Windows 7 issue?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A