• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ridge Racer 2
  3. Max Tour Tips

User Info: Reiko_Nagase

Reiko_Nagase
10 years ago#1
I don`t know if you will believe me but, I have completed both Ridge Racer 1 and 2`s MAX Tour and for people who can`t complete them here`s a couple of tips for you to use in the game...

1. Use you nitros to keep yourself in 2nd or 3rd position. If you can this and still have 2 nitros before the last corner you can have a chance at beating the game.

2. Th reason for the 2 nitros is to pass the 1st place dude in the final corner. THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!!. If you use nitro you can pass the guy even if he gets in you way. (Note; Using nitro somehow makes you car insanely heavy so that you can ram opponents out of the way) The first nitro is to pass the guy on the corner, the second is to keep a high speed on the straight which gives you some chance of blocking him before the finish line.

3. You actually need to slow down if your going to fast for the corners that are too sharp to corner normally (by normally I mean drift!). Yes I will probally get raged at for this but when there are corners you just can turn, you need to slow down in order to corner faster than the coms. (Note the computers actually hit the wall if the go too fast!!! At this time they are slow as piss!!!! Use this to you advantage!!!!) You may need to brake but usually you just let go of the gas...

User Info: Reiko_Nagase

Reiko_Nagase
10 years ago#2
4. It is possible to beat!!! You may have to restart 10 or more times but it is possible!

5. Don`t drift on a big angle! You lose way to much speed! The fastest way travel around the corner is to stay on the inside of the corner while maintaining as little drift as possible! (Note; this point is roughly before or after you here the tyres skidding on the asphalt!) Also before the corner,drift as close to the inside of the as you can and adjust your angle for the corner! (For example The nasty hair pins or so.) (Note for the tip above; You may have to over do it a bit on the unrealistcally sharp hair pins! I.E 45-60 degrees any of drift is usually the best for the nasty hairpins!)

Well anyway... The percentages that Namco have listed is a bit unrealistic, but I would say if you take my advice seriously then you have a 1 in 100 chance of beating the game...

All I can say now is good luck!!!

User Info: arczero_x

arczero_x
10 years ago#3
Wow, congratulations!! That sure is a very awesome achievement for completing the Max tours in this game!! :)

Thanks for the tips too!
What you are thinking right now...is my signature.
  1. Boards
  2. Ridge Racer 2
  3. Max Tour Tips
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A