• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic the Hedgehog: Genesis
  3. I just got this game a few days ago...

User Info: prinzenick

prinzenick
10 years ago#1
In the past, ive only been saying Sonic genesis for the GBA was bad at my own estimate, and because everyone else thought that. Then one day at a Wal-Mart, i saw the game with its great looking boxart and it was only 20$ so i figured "Ah, what the heck" and got it, and i hoped to get a little fun out of it on my DS and see if its badness was overrated and it was a decent port...

Worst 20$ i have ever wasted. It really was as awful as people made it out to be. Heck, even Sonic Next-Gen wasn't anywhere near as broken and unplayable as Sonic Genesis for the GBA. The physics were so broken it sapped all of the fun that existed in the original and it was soo freakin slow and lag filled...the sound effects were awful and the remixed music left a lot to be desired...the special stages were literally unplayable because the effects of touching a certain block enedlessly repeated as long as i was in contact with the things...and the glitches! GAH THE GLITCHES! A couple days after getting it, i traded it in at a local exchange and i got Sonic Battle, Kirby's Pinball Land, SML3: Wario Land, Kid Icarus Of Myths and Monsters, and Phalanx for my GB, DS, and SNES respectively and i never looked back. How could they have released that game the way it was? I may as well have gone to the trouble of buying a Sega Nomad and playing the original Sonic for the Genesis on it-at least that way i can play a enjoyable, non-broken version of a great classic game on the go that way!

What a shame, never have i seen a classic more horribly butchered since Atari ****** up on Pac-Man for the 2600 DECADES ago. It's no wonder Sonic's gone downhill in the public eye.

User Info: Auronthelegend

Auronthelegend
10 years ago#2
What were you thinking when you decided to buy it instead of reading reviews and watching vids?
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic the Hedgehog: Genesis
  3. I just got this game a few days ago...
  • Topic Archived