• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Game & Watch Collection
  3. So, is there ANY way to reset the games?

User Info: OnionTree

OnionTree
11 years ago#1

In the old Game & Watch Galleries, you had a code like up-up-down-down-left-left-right-right, and all your scores, stars, and unlockables are gone.

Well, this being a simple promo and not really a G&W Gallery game, there's no stars, modern modes, or any of that stuff. Just three dual-screen Game & Watch games the way they were always meant to be played (haha, funny how they've gone full circle like this, eh?), and for once, the clock and alarm features are intact!

For all that new authenticity, it's a bit strange that there seems to be no reset. Not even a pin-prick button to tap with the stylus. :P

So, yeah. I found this in Savers for $5. I guess somebody got it from Club Nintendo, opened it up and played it, and to say they more than likely wound up bored out of their skull and disappointed in minutes would be an understatement. XD

I intended to eventually get the game off Club Nintendo myself, but it looks like fate smiled on me. But... even if his high-score in Oil Panic was 12 in Game A, and his Donkey Kong A score was 500 or so, it'd be nice to reset them. It's not a big deal, I'll destroy his scores with no effort, but still. It's a bit disturbing that there doesn't seem to be a known reset code.

User Info: nintendofan100

nintendofan100
11 years ago#2
The game does normally come with an instruction manual, it says you can erase saved data by pressing A, B, X, Y, L, and R buttons all at the same time, as the game starts up.

Thats almost literally what it says.
Mario Kart Wii name: Chris
5069-4354-2837

OnionTree
11 years ago#3

Ah, thanks. I must've overlooked that. I expected it to appear on the cheats page, probably wouldn't be in the manual, and didn't really spend too much time reading the manual, as small as it is.

I guess I didn't bother to take a second peek at the manual, since no sources on the internet reference that little code. :)

User Info: nintendofan100

nintendofan100
11 years ago#4
Didn't the manuals for the gallery games tell you how to erase the data only in the manuals? o_o;

Meh, whatever. X_X
Mario Kart Wii name: Chris
5069-4354-2837

OnionTree
11 years ago#5

This is the first one I've actually managed to get the manual for, I lack the manuals for G&W Gallery 1-4. :(

All too often in games, even other Nintendo games (Pokemon Puzzle League comes to mind), it doesn't tell you the code. Some games (Square, I'm looking at you) lack any means to erase saves whatsoever. You can overwrite them, you just can't delete them. What the hell...

At any rate, I know the code now, and know that it exists and it's in the lower-left of the second page in small print where my thumb would otherwise obscure it and my eyes would otherwise overlook it, but it's there. Hey, a useful manual in this day and ages. I could tell you STORIES about the Order of Ecclesia manual, but I'm afraid my post has already exceeded the length of that games' manual. XD

1. Boards
  2. Game & Watch Collection
  3. So, is there ANY way to reset the games?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

What games are on this? General1 Answer