Suspicious people in FC (FC spoilers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
  3. Suspicious people in FC (FC spoilers)

User Info: clothbelt

clothbelt
3 years ago#1
I was thinking about this game, and how there are so many people in the story who appear nice or simple at first, but later turn out to have some sort of hidden agenda. People like Josette, Richard, Dalmore and his assistant, and of course Alba. It got me wondering if there is even more to it - more people who are evil or otherwise shady in some way that we don't officially know about yet. There are a LOT of characters who have portraits but have only relatively minor roles in this game.

At least two events strike me as suspicious in this game. First, there is the tower in the Bose region with the optional event where you find Prof. Alba at the top of the tower. Clearly he is speaking with someone right before you meet him, but we never see who that is. I don't think it is Lorence, because he arrives by boat later (unless he was in the Bose region, leaves, and comes back later by boat which seems overly complicated). So is it a character in the Bose region we know?
Also, later in the game Alba and Kilika (the guild assistant/receptionist in Zeiss) are definitely alone together for a while before we stumble in. Alba spends a lot of time in Zeiss and even stays at the hotel - why? Maybe this is nothing, but Kilika does seem suspicious to me nonetheless.

What do you think, are there other suspicious events in this game that I'm overlooking?

User Info: Blademaster_Aio

Blademaster_Aio
3 years ago#2
Well, I knew there was more to Alba, but I definitely wasn't expecting that super evil villain reveal :|

As for Josette, we didn't have enough time to trust or mistrust her, so while she did deceive, it wasn't like a shock.

As for Mayor Dalmore... it was a surprise, yes, but both the Mayor and Col. Richard were being brain washed. The mayor especially.

There is a lot of build up to Col. Richard. For starters, look at his right hand woman. Estelle puts it best: She's a fox faced harpy. No really, she has an impressive evil smile. That's just one part. Besides, the Colonel wasn't acting nice. He is nice. He was just using the wrong methods.

And what about Joshua? He isn't trying to trick you but you know he's got a broken past. I mean, that story :(

Broke his heart, he says. I get the feeling his mind was the thing that broke :(

I'm sure Kilika has a history, but I don't think she's evil. Or suspicious.
Believe God is one, and believe in the hereafter.

User Info: lassics_shadow

lassics_shadow
3 years ago#3
I was suspicious of Olivier at first, but then I figured out who he was. The other characters listed, I really wasn't suspicious of.

Blademaster_Aio posted...
I'm sure Kilika has a history

Oh, she does.
The Shadow knows

User Info: randomweirdo

randomweirdo
3 years ago#4
clothbelt posted...
At least two events strike me as suspicious in this game. First, there is the tower in the Bose region with the optional event where you find Prof. Alba at the top of the tower. Clearly he is speaking with someone right before you meet him, but we never see who that is. I don't think it is Lorence, because he arrives by boat later (unless he was in the Bose region, leaves, and comes back later by boat which seems overly complicated). So is it a character in the Bose region we know?

Well, can't forget a little something about Lorence's abilities, you know. He's got the Body Split Craft and we know from the second fight in chapter 4 that he has some range on those since we know what we fought there was one of the shadows (as evidenced by the jump from the balcony and the sound made and nothing hitting the water). So that is one possibility since it's heavily implied that he's one person who can indeed be in two places at once.

Another thing to consider is how weird Joshua was acting. My own suspicion there was that someone got a report from him, and that someone was Lorence.

To be honest, Lorence is the most likely one Alba was speaking with, since the person did pretty much up and vanish and that is easy for Lorence to pull off. For all we know he just gave the impression he arrived from Grancel by boat to Josette and Kyle because I bet he was quite aware that Estelle and the others were listening in and it suited his plans just fine for them to do so. You have to admit, Colonel Richard's timing was a bit too good, right?

User Info: vorfeed

vorfeed
3 years ago#5
Just jumping in to have a random note on all of this, as someone who's current on the games in Japan... Something for people to keep in mind is that there's foreshadowing for Ao and Sen as far back as in FC. And undoubtedly stuff that will lead into Sen II, as well.
- Endless History: A Falcom News Site - http://www.esterior.net -
- http://www.swordbreaker.com | http://www.sanctuarycrew.com | http://www.eidenyaku.com -

User Info: clothbelt

clothbelt
3 years ago#6
randomweirdo posted...
clothbelt posted...

Well, can't forget a little something about Lorence's abilities, you know. He's got the Body Split Craft and we know from the second fight in chapter 4 that he has some range on those since we know what we fought there was one of the shadows (as evidenced by the jump from the balcony and the sound made and nothing hitting the water). So that is one possibility since it's heavily implied that he's one person who can indeed be in two places at once.

Another thing to consider is how weird Joshua was acting. My own suspicion there was that someone got a report from him, and that someone was Lorence.

To be honest, Lorence is the most likely one Alba was speaking with, since the person did pretty much up and vanish and that is easy for Lorence to pull off. For all we know he just gave the impression he arrived from Grancel by boat to Josette and Kyle because I bet he was quite aware that Estelle and the others were listening in and it suited his plans just fine for them to do so. You have to admit, Colonel Richard's timing was a bit too good, right?

Good point about Lorence, I forgot he can do that.

User Info: zinformant

zinformant
3 years ago#7
randomweirdo posted...
He's got the Body Split Craft and we know from the second fight in chapter 4 that he has some range on those since we know what we fought there was one of the shadows (as evidenced by the jump from the balcony and the sound made and nothing hitting the water).

I have to chime in again that I love this insight. It was totally lost on me until, I guess, the last time you posted it.
To whomever felt it was right to mark my FalcomClassics topic: I trust you are content in your legalism.

User Info: Guruda

Guruda
3 years ago#8
Since we're talking about it, it's funny that they've never really explained in detail how that trick works. Other characters in the games do it, most prominently in Zero (where one of the party members notices before the truth is revealed) in very similar circumstances. That character also jumps from a high spot but under the circumstances it's got to be the actual person who made the jump. Maybe the upcoming game will tell us a bit more, you never know.

There are a LOT of characters who have portraits but have only relatively minor roles in this game.

There's actually a perfectly good explanation for some of this. Not all the characters with portraits in this game had them in the original PC release. Since the PSP port came after SC was released, Falcom went back and added them to certain characters who were important enough in SC to merit them seeing how they already had the artwork on-hand. Note that Josette was not one of them, she always had portrait art so they could have the contrast between Schoolgirl!Josette and Pirate!Josette. Well, that plus the importance of the Capuas in FC is fairly obvious.

User Info: Erpy

Erpy
3 years ago#9
He's got the Body Split Craft and we know from the second fight in chapter 4 that he has some range on those since we know what we fought there was one of the shadows (as evidenced by the jump from the balcony and the sound made and nothing hitting the water).

If the Lorence that Estelle, Kloe and Scherazard fought on the balcony was a clone then why didn't that discarded helmet vanish the very moment the guy himself faded out?

1) Maybe it was the real guy after all?
2) Maybe the body split craft allows you to manipulate very specific parts of the illusion and after the rest of the party arrived, Lorence waited until everybody else was gone before phasing out the helmet?
3) Maybe Lorence performed the craft without wearing his helmet, so he gave the clone the real one to wear?

User Info: xp1337

xp1337
3 years ago#10
The helmet point is interesting, but I feel the evidence that it was a clone is just too strong. Between Schera's comment about the undisturbed water and more tellingly (IMO) the sound effect when he jumps I have a hard time believing that it was anything but a clone there.

As for the helmet itself, I'd chalk that up to, "We just don't know enough about how that technique works." Of the two options you presented there, I personally like the "gave the clone a real helmet" explanation better, but I just don't think there's enough information to explain what is up with that.
xp1337: Don't you wish there was a spell-checker that told you when you a word out?
GotD (219/384) Melee v FFX
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
  3. Suspicious people in FC (FC spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived