Stuck at the very start...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: ccjj

ccjj
3 years ago#1
Seriously, like 5 minutes in :(

I am doing the training and Scherazard is asking me to do the following:

'Now install quartz into your orbments so that you can use both
recovery and attack arts'.

'Look at your orbments and make sure that recovery and attack arts
are divided between them.'

'You can figure this out by looking at the arts and quartz charts in your
Bracer notebooks in order to figure out which quartz you need to install.'

'If your lacking the necessary quartz, then you can synthesize them at an orbal
factory.'

First off, I have no idea WTF she us even talking about.

Second, I can't figure out s**t from looking at anything in the notebooks.

And I can't do anything at the orbal factory cause don't have any f***ing money.

I cannot progress past the point and am frustrated beyond belief. Someone please help.

User Info: Blademaster_Aio

Blademaster_Aio
3 years ago#2
Firstly, you need sepith to make quartz, not money.

She is talking about the bracer notebook. The bracer notebook, if you press L or R you will switch between the pages. There is an entire page on arts in that book.

Anyway, basically, Schera wants you to make a Water quartz - the blue one - HP 1, I think, and install it on Estelle. Or Joshua.
Water quartz are the only type of quartz that can give you healing magic.
Believe God is one, and believe in the hereafter.

Blademaster_Aio
3 years ago#3
Now, let me explain better.

Sepith are basically tiny crystals. In this game monsters don't drop money, they drop sepith and maybe some items. But they always drop sepith.

These sepith come in 7 types:

1. Earth (brown)
2. Fire (red)
3. Wind (green)
4. Water (blue)
5. Time (black)
6. Mirage (white)
7. Space (gold)

Blademaster_Aio
3 years ago#4
These sepith are used to make 'quartz'.

You can equip quartz in the 'orbament' menu.

These quartz will let you use arts (you can call it magic; arts are basically this game's spells).

Arts also come in seven types - earth, water, fire, wind, time, mirage and space.

Also, there are attack arts, healing arts and support arts. You know, like attack magic, healing magic, support magic.

Blademaster_Aio
3 years ago#5
Like I said, to make quartz you need sepith. Once you have enough sepith, you can make the required quartz at the orbal factory.

Different quartz give you different arts.

For example:

Tear (basic healing spell) needs Water x 1.
Aqua bleed (basic water attack spell) also needs Water x 1.

HP 1 gives you water x 1. If you equip it, you will be able to use Tear and Aqua bleed.

Blademaster_Aio
3 years ago#6
HP 2 gives you water x 3.

If you equip it, you will be able to use all arts that need water x 3 or water x 2 or water x 1

User Info: oldguy2

oldguy2
3 years ago#7
Assuming you are on a PSP, and are still unsure what to do.
Schera will give (probably already has given) you a bunch of different colors of sepith.
Then, talk to the other guy at the counter, Freddy, and select MODIFY/EXCHANGE, then select QUARTZ. Although there are many possibilities, for now ust Choose to make HP1, Attacck 1, and Action 1. Then press the O button several times to get out of the talk boxes. Now, press the SELECT button and move the highlight to the ORBMENT page tab and press X. Press X again and Estelle's orbment windows will appear with the curser on the center slot - select HP1 for that slot. Now press D-pad L or R to move to viewing Joshua's orbment windows and pllace Action 1 on him. Later you can place the Attack 1 in another slot, but for now, press O too get out of the orbment process. Talk to Schera again.
You should use one of the FAQs to help you better know what the orbments and sepith and quartz etc is all about and to get step by step instructions.
He's got the whole world in His hands: earth, wind, fire, water, and time.

User Info: ccjj

ccjj
3 years ago#8
Thanks for the help guys. Got past it. I apologize for my over reaction, I had a rare night off
and decided to use it to sink some hours into this and got upset when I got stuck at the start. lol.

Anyway, enjoying the game and just cruising at the moment. Don't fully understand this whole
system yet, but that is what makes it feel like a true jrpg. lol.

Blademaster_Aio
3 years ago#9
It's okay. It took me a while to understand the whole thing too. Just relax and enjoy playing.

User Info: vorfeed

vorfeed
3 years ago#10
ccjj posted...
Anyway, enjoying the game and just cruising at the moment. Don't fully understand this whole
system yet, but that is what makes it feel like a true jrpg. lol.

Take your time with the system, and just cruise along to enjoy the game. It's not a very fast paced game, so you have plenty of time to get acclimated to it. I, personally, didn't really fully get the orbment system until my second playthrough- but you should be able to work with it over time, and it gets way easier to customize when you start having more options available to you. The first thing you want to focus on, more than anything, is just getting those slots open. Once they're open, then you'll have an easier time customizing them.
- Endless History: A Falcom News Site - http://www.esterior.net -
- http://www.swordbreaker.com | http://www.sanctuarycrew.com | http://www.eidenyaku.com -

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived