• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: darkendmage

darkendmage
10 years ago#1
Hey I got this game today and Already it asks me to download a 286 MB patch before the game's officially released.

Anyone know what it does?

User Info: Mercutio74

Mercutio74
10 years ago#2
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it'll correct anything the developer still thinks needs to be patched in the game.

darkendmage
10 years ago#3
Are you sure it's not a trap?

>_> For punishing people who got the game before the release date?

User Info: Juno0247

Juno0247
10 years ago#4
AFAIK, they don't do that. It's not your fault the store you bought it from broke the street date. Why should you be punished? You're most likely safe to install the patch.
PSN - Juno247
can't spell slaughter without laughter

User Info: PFirefly

PFirefly
10 years ago#5
Definitely a trap, Sony rigs their machines to burn your house down if you break the street date. Just look at the hundreds of documented cases of PSN boobytrapping

*facepalm
There should be enough Helium 3 on the moon to power humanity for thousands of years. But we'll probably go to war over it anyway, just for the hell of it.

User Info: Twilight73

Twilight73
10 years ago#6
I downloaded it as well.

No clue, but i've been noticing a really game breaking thing and that is missing video from Phone/TV screens.
i turned off and turned my console back on and the problem is corrected and im able to see a bit of the video before it cuts off to black. not to confuse folks only the in-game screens go black with only audio and subtitles appearing in front of me, i can see Ethan's model just fine.

User Info: TheKingOfPain

TheKingOfPain
10 years ago#7
Do you mind if I ask what region is your game? It seems like European one got a 226MB patch, so maybe different region=different patch size?
Don't be afraid.
Be terrified.

darkendmage
10 years ago#8
Yeah European version.

And yeah I've been noticing some problems too, sounds been breaking up at times.

Other than that it's a great game.

User Info: ZetaHatsudou

ZetaHatsudou
10 years ago#9
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]

User Info: Hagen7

Hagen7
10 years ago#10
Most games do Zeta.
MW2 did, numerous times.

One patch at the start doesn't mean the game's faulty.
Just refer to me as Hagen.
Boards frequented: GTA IV, GTA: EfLC, Heavy Rain, B:AA2, LA Noire, C-12.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A