About Purna's "Gender Wars" skill and the controversy surrounding it...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dead Island
  3. About Purna's "Gender Wars" skill and the controversy surrounding it...

User Info: Kraytdragon444

Kraytdragon444
6 years ago#1
so I'm sure many of us know about the previous name for the skill "Gender Wars" if you havent, look it up.

I find it funny... could you imagine if Sam B had a skill like, "Misoginist" or something?

He gets an extra 30% damage against females because of his lack of respect for them
Hah, this is so hilarious.... I'm going to quote myself on this -Kraytdragon444

User Info: F_Wolf

F_Wolf
6 years ago#2
Kraytdragon444 posted...
so I'm sure many of us know about the previous name for the skill "Gender Wars" if you havent, look it up.

I find it funny... could you imagine if Sam B had a skill like, "Misoginist" or something?

He gets an extra 30% damage against females because of his lack of respect for them

I think that the fact the internet is taken it as:

OMG THIS VIDEO GAME COMPANY HATES WOMEN AND CALLES THEM ******

instead of:

One developer thought it would be funny if he named the man hating female character's skill in a fictional video game something that makes fun of feminist.

makes it glaringly obvious how stupid the world has become.

Most females I know hate feminist to begain with, and when I question both my wife and my friends wife about this, they both found it more funny the offensive.

Of course, then I had to hit them for leaving the kitchen.

User Info: anewkindofarmy

anewkindofarmy
6 years ago#3
^^ LOL. Agreed. When you replace hate with humor the worlds a better place
Set the stage the ambush begins. Through the windows the doors were all breaking in. Did you think we would let you win? In fear you froze and so goes your grin

User Info: Adenosine

Adenosine
6 years ago#4
"Feminist Prostitute" isn't really offensive I think. It's just the same as saying "Male Pig" or "Male Dog". Even though these phrases are all over the net and used daily, nobody really cares. You don't see "Male Pride" groups going up in arms and parading in front of Washington just because some movie or female centric book called them "Male Trash".

People shouldn't focus too much on these little things. As long as they are not directly attacking anyone, then there's no harm done. First of all, the name wasn't even really used in the game and it was changed to Gender Wars. This shows that whoever came up with the idea of "Feminist Who Gets Passed Around During Frat Parties" suddenly realized that "Hey, even if I know this is just a little joke, it might hurt the feminists, so I'm changing the name to Gender Wars!".

Just forget this, there are far worse things in life to worry about, like helping dying kids who eat breadcrumbs once a day just to survive, as well as fixing the unemployment rate in America and ending wars.

Oh and one more thing, people should stop being "SHOCKED" whenever something normal that people use as jokes is used in mass media somehow. Don't let every little thing shock you or you'll die from a heart attack when someone yells "SURPRISE!" from behind you!
http://adenogames.orgfree.com - Adeno's Game Development Website
  1. Boards
  2. Dead Island
  3. About Purna's "Gender Wars" skill and the controversy surrounding it...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived