• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto IV
  3. The most annoying thing about killing all the pigeons...

User Info: tdb

tdb
13 years ago#1
is all the attention you attract from the cops.

User Info: Chungarunga

Chungarunga
13 years ago#2
Use Packie's car bombs or Annihilator and no one will bother you.
Now you're blushing and you have an erection, no one has enough blood.

User Info: yaboy

yaboy
13 years ago#3
It was one of my more favorite things, kept it exciting.
where have i been

User Info: drgnrbrn

drgnrbrn
13 years ago#4
I only found it annoying when I'd get chased all over an entire island for shooting a pigeon, but not get so much as a warning ticket for wiping out an entire mob family.

Personally, I'd have liked it better if the things would fly away and you'd have to come back later to see if they landed again.

User Info: Project_Weird

Project_Weird
13 years ago#5
Personally, I'd have liked it better if the things would fly away and you'd have to come back later to see if they landed again.

Now that's a challenge!
PSN:Demendred-no blank FR please

User Info: Cresset

Cresset
13 years ago#6
^I don't think the cops care about the pigeon, but the fact you are shooting stuff around on the middle of the street.
Being able to change keyboard settings is the right of all sentient gamers. - spydey_fan

User Info: daNuman

daNuman
13 years ago#7
You could get in a secluded area and snipe them. Problem is, you get a star for some stuff even if you're in the middle of nowhere. They definitely didn't improve that from SA... I still remember the day of blowing up the beat up abandoned cars in the back woods and getting wanted stars even though the cops won't get there before the star disappears...
AClockworkPeach, stop smoking.
MoFaT joobits! YES BUT ONLY BY STIAVE ok but i map would be nice to u know Peapole! bellics just plain to stupid!

User Info: Chungarunga

Chungarunga
13 years ago#8
There are things like gun shot detectors in big cities which detect gun shots and can determine where exactly the shot is made.
Now you're blushing and you have an erection, no one has enough blood.

User Info: pixelkilla

pixelkilla
13 years ago#9
He's right. On the 4th of July, Cinco de Mayo, and other gun-firing holidays, many municipalities will also use airborne sensors. What goes up must come down, and sometimes fatally. Used to live a block away from Guadalupe, AZ. Many a time I'd hear the gunpops shortly followed by the shattering of a roof tile on my apartment building. This ain't no joke.

User Info: drgnrbrn

drgnrbrn
13 years ago#10
The logic still isn't there. The cops are concerned when I'm firing a single shot at the ground, but not when I'm speeding through the city in cars firing at one another, then speeding along the coastline on a bike firing guns at a boat, then flying around in an attack helicopter shooting at the same boat which is launching rockets at me, not to mention running around in a crowded tourist spot firing guns, none of which gets any police attention.

Also, the argument for the sensors that listen for gunshots is flawed in that sometimes you don't get the wanted level immediately after firing the shot, but once the wanted level is obtained, it centers on your character and not on where the shot was fired. It also doesn't explain why a cop will suddenly materialize in the nearby vicinity when you're in the middle of nowhere. Not a soul anywhere in the area, but luckily, a cop walks a beat at the end of the pier populated by scenic nothing.

I think the wanted system is based on a three tier system:
1. Are you on a mission? If so, does the mission call for interference from police?
2. If not on a mission, or if police interference is authorized for the mission, are you near a cop?
3. If not near a cop, flip a coin. Heads, you get a wanted level. Tails, you get away, you lucky bastard.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto IV
  3. The most annoying thing about killing all the pigeons...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Who should i kill playboy x or dwayne? Main Quest8 Answers
Revenge or deal? Enemy/Boss9 Answers
Where can I find a prostitute? Side Quest5 Answers
How can you have sex and see it happening? General6 Answers
How do I hail a taxi ? Side Quest3 Answers