• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Unlimited Adventure
  3. Multiplayer compared to Grand Adventure?

User Info: soccaprodi

soccaprodi
8 years ago#1
I'm a big One Piece fan and I have a few friends are as well. We got Grand Adventure for the GCN pretty recently and I really enjoyed the battle system for it. It was not a whole lot, but every character felt unique and it was competitive enough for us to play for a good long while.

Now I know the multiplayer is far from the main draw of this game, it is the Minecraft style gameplay that looks very fun, but how is the multiplayer compared to the previous title? Is it more lacking in moves and the like, do the characters have much variation in their play styles? There's a bunch new characters in it so I would be happy with it anyway (I only just finished Enies Lobby myself), but it would be much better if it at least equaled Grand Adventure in depth.
*Cabanela struts into topic*

User Info: Wario_man

Wario_man
7 years ago#2
I haven't played this one yet but I've played Unlimited Cruise 2 and the games look really similar so I'd imagine their multiplayers to be also. The characters play quite differently and each character has two moves to choose from for each option. Again I'm only going by Unlimited Cruise 2 but I don't think they'd be any different.

For example, Luffy's A move could be just a punch but after some levelling you can choose between that punch and a different one. For every move a character has another move and you can customize them any way you'd like. Luffy's a close to midrange fighter, Usopp is a range fighter, things like that. Everyone is different, more or less~
All your children are poor unfortunate victims of systems beyond their control, a plague upon your ignorance and the gray despair of your ugly life.

Wario_man
7 years ago#3
Just checked and I don't think you can customize moves in this one, bit of a downer but that's ok, everyone still plays different enough =]
All your children are poor unfortunate victims of systems beyond their control, a plague upon your ignorance and the gray despair of your ugly life.

User Info: soccaprodi

soccaprodi
7 years ago#4
Thanks man!
*Cabanela struts into topic*

Wario_man
7 years ago#5
No worries =] Playing it now.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Unlimited Adventure
  3. Multiplayer compared to Grand Adventure?
  • Topic Archived