• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: gwar315

gwar315
8 years ago#101
How did you feel about Gigant Battle?
Gwar315

User Info: NamekianClown

NamekianClown
8 years ago#102
Me? Well I'm pretty poor right now so I couldn't warrant the cost of an import, especially without online. So I shamefully played it on an emulator a little to see how it was, and I really liked it. Sure leaving Robin, Franky and Brook out sucked, but overall I think it was fun. If it were to get released here I would get it, even without online.
Segata Sanshiro! Segata Sanshiro! Sega Saturn, Shiro!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joNwYPdEBTc

gwar315
8 years ago#103
Yea I did the same. Was gonna import but wanted to try it out first and it was a decent game I guess. Just felt like it wasnt finished. I mean it used the Jump Stars engine and that game had way more content and came years before. Needed more characters and levels imo.
Gwar315

User Info: NamekianClown

NamekianClown
8 years ago#104
I totally agree that it felt unfinished. My theory is that they started production on the game before Nintendo told 3rd party devs about the 3DS, and then when the 3DS was announced, they rushed production on Gigant Battle to make sure it was out far enough before 3DS so it wouldn't get owned by it. That's also my reasoning for lack of online. Online isn't that easy to add, and if it's a game that's on a system that will be obsolete a few months after it comes out, why bother adding it?

I actually thought the best things in the game were the stages though. They really looked nice and seemed like they had a lot put into them. I thought the supports were well done too, where they weren't broken but they were still useful, and there were plenty of unique ones as well as just flat out attackers. The thing that really seems rushed the most is the playable characters, which is what you'd think they'd make sure were good before anything else. I mean some characters like Jimbei and Kizaru are just unplayable.
Segata Sanshiro! Segata Sanshiro! Sega Saturn, Shiro!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joNwYPdEBTc

gwar315
8 years ago#105
I noticed that to about the characters. It makes any Kizaru or Jinbei challenge much harder just because of how those characters play. I also like the stages but they should have had more stages but I get what they were going for like with the levels like east blue where they just combine a bunch of different islands into one stage. Supports help but still dont make up for the lack of characters. Not the worst one piece game I ever played by any means but just left me feeling a little disappointed.
Gwar315

User Info: thelastgogeta

thelastgogeta
8 years ago#106
Happy New Year folks, it's been 7 hours in the UK and probably long enough for most of you to get the fireworks finished.

How did you feel about Gigant Battle?

I'm one of the bad guys as well who checked it out through the bad methods... :/
I'm not sure whether I'll be able to buy anime games again without proper research given the most recent Naruto Shippuden game lacks Pain (while having Sage Naruto) and the most recent One Piece game lacks the last 3 crew members when the developers have made 2 of them playable in the past and it's an unsaid standard for any non-crossover One Piece title to have ALL of the crew members playable.

Besides these guys are the same developers of Unlimited Cruise (famous for 3D and playable models of LOTS and LOTS of characters) and Jump Stars (LOTS AND LOTS here as well). Cruise and Adventure alike had them with a massive adventure (I would have preferred a 2D Platformer with a good combat system and lots of character to select) with most major and minors you want to care about.

I found some issues with the game but enjoyed it more and more as I went on... Sadly, I would like to buy it when I'm less poor... >_> It's definitely on my list of games which were not finished... whether it's as the 3DS was coming and they didn't want to be pushed out of the focus before One Piece UC SP was announced or whatever. I found it scary that a single anime series game could feel so empty and use the same gimmick that Jump Stars relied on for the story mode to cover for the lack of relations between many characters (though they did insert a few quotes which I didn't care about after the first few times)...

Stages were nice as you said NamekianClown, but I think the gimmicks were too much and made it INCREDIBLY hard to win at times. While I had a problem with accepting Kizaru as a playable character... I think Jimbei was pretty badass with the thrusts, grabs and the water blasts when you do your Level 2 or 1 special.

Oh on the topic of Online?
I didn't really care... >_>
Get, Play The Undersold Triforce: Z+W, NMH, Okami!
PM of the SSR Board + Ninja of SATBK/SATFS forever

gwar315
8 years ago#107
Dont even get me started on that piece of crap Naruto game we are getting for the wii that doesnt have Pein in it. Those Clash of Ninja games have been bad for a long time though. They just milk the series by adding a couple new characters while the PS3 game is amazing we get something that feels like it they didnt really care.
Gwar315

thelastgogeta
8 years ago#108
Dont even get me started on that piece of crap Naruto game we are getting for the wii that doesnt have Pein in it. Those Clash of Ninja games have been bad for a long time though. They just milk the series by adding a couple new characters while the PS3 game is amazing we get something that feels like it they didnt really care.

Call me whatever but CON and GNT are the definitive Naruto fighting games for me still... And the only series which has been in a slump has been the EX->SP series which add meagre amounts of content and miss out on characters and features from the CONR series.

I consider the NUNS series to be fairly boring as far as combat goes and they took away combat functions in the recent game as well starting with wall running, big punch (Ultimate Impact?), clashes, lengthy specials, impressive specials and characters from the last game...

Ultimate Ninja never removed old characters I think... >_>
And Clash of Ninja only did so as they got a new engine and console... I hope >_>
NUNS2 has no excuse for removing anything...

Even when we got the new engine for CON/GNT they should have kept all of the characters and such.

gwar315
8 years ago#109
I just enjoy the transformations and big specials in the new game more. In Clash of Ninja I feel like I have been playing the same game over and over again. They barely add anything and its the same moves for the same characters except the 4 new characters they usually add and sometimes they are characters like Kurenai or the ANBU no one remembers. But they cant add Pein?
Gwar315

thelastgogeta
8 years ago#110
I just enjoy the transformations and big specials in the new game more. In Clash of Ninja I feel like I have been playing the same game over and over again. They barely add anything and its the same moves for the same characters except the 4 new characters they usually add and sometimes they are characters like Kurenai or the ANBU no one remembers. But they cant add Pein?

Which Clash of Ninja games have you bought?
I have:
CON1
CON2
GNT4
GNTEX2
CONR2 (Played to completion not owned)

I feel that there are adequate updates, changes, additions with the ones I have purchased and that CONR3 is the peak of the Wii titles (though I will miss 1TK Naruto and how he works in GNT4/CONR2, same with CS2 Sasuke)...

And on top of that, I have no idea why they never added Pain.
We can only assume that they didn't have time or something... Though Pain should have been higher priority than Killer Bee (yes), the Raikage (yeah) and Ino (DEFINITELY).
  • Topic Archived