• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Paper Mario
  3. I never understood why...

User Info: Scraps

Scraps
1 month ago#1
For this game, they had a red dragon during the first chapter, in reference to Hooktail, and a white dragon as a bonus boss, in reference to Bonetail...and yet they didn't complete the circle by having you fight a black dragon during Chapter 8, to reference Gloomtail. Especially since that chapter is already black!

Even the name could've been perfect! Fracktail, Wracktail...? They could've called the black one Blacktail! Have him be a Tribe of Darkness creation to protect the Chaos Heart or something, in imitation of what the Ancients built Fracktail for.
Peace and crackers!

User Info: Moddragon22

Moddragon22
1 month ago#2
I don't think that they were a deliberate reference to TTYD, to be honest. I think that IS just likes dragons.
I'm not your guy, friend!

Scraps
1 month ago#3
Moddragon22 posted...
I don't think that they were a deliberate reference to TTYD, to be honest. I think that IS just likes dragons.
Ehh, considering where they're both fought and that their colors both match up, I find this a little hard to believe.
Peace and crackers!

User Info: Moddragon22

Moddragon22
1 month ago#4
Aside from it being the first chapter, Fracktail's location has nothing to do with Hooktail's and they both dragons have totally different boss fights to their counterparts.
I'm not your guy, friend!
(edited 1 month ago)

Scraps
1 month ago#5
Moddragon22 posted...
Aside from it being the first chapter, Fracktail's location has nothing to do with Hooktail's and they both dragons have totally different boss fights to their counterparts.
Whatevs. You just don't seem to see where I'm coming from.
Peace and crackers!
(message deleted)

User Info: RealDimentio

RealDimentio
3 weeks ago#7
Fracktail is more based off of a Chinese Dragon, while Hooktail is based off of a dragon from the Middle Ages.
The Master of Dimentions... the Pleaser of Crowds... I... am... Dimentio! Now in weeb form!
(message deleted)

User Info: RealDimentio

RealDimentio
3 weeks ago#9
Scraps posted...
*sigh* You realize they don't have to look or act identically in order for there to be a reference, right?
uhh, yeah, they kinda do. If not then it’s just a coincidence.
The Master of Dimentions... the Pleaser of Crowds... I... am... Dimentio! Now in weeb form!
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Super Paper Mario
  3. I never understood why...
  • Topic Closed

GameFAQs Q&A