• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Paper Mario
  3. Postgame Discount (postgame spoilers)

User Info: Lheticus39

Lheticus39
3 months ago#1
Back when Super Paper Mario was more fresh, I could swear it was mentioned in multiple places on the internet that instead of 999 coins, Francis would sell Tiptron to you for 600 coins if you got the #1 high scores on all 4 games in the Flipside Arcade. Well now, nowhere does seem to mention it and I'm feeling gaslit about it. Was it a false rumor in the first place, or what's the deal with this?
The bad worker blames his tools, the sucker blames luck. If you're not prepared to blame your losses on yourself and nothing else, you're not prepared to win.

User Info: Scraps

Scraps
3 months ago#2
I haven't aced even a single arcade minigame (though I did come close with Tilt Island), so I can't say that I know from experience, but I've never even heard whispers of that particular secret. It could be true, but my Rubees aren't on it...

I'm also not sure how it would make sense, from an in-game standpoint. Sure, Francis could be classified as a gamer, but how would he know about the record scores of an arcade in a dimension he has no way of getting to? If his name appeared on a single one of the scoreboards, then maybe, but it seems way too unrelated otherwise.
Peace and crackers!
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: Lheticus39

Lheticus39
2 months ago#3
I have a slight update to the situation. It appears that when you take the #1 spot in an arcade game in the postgame, a like gold ribbon thing appears. However, it does *not* appear on an already existing high score that was already higher than the score Mort gets. I'm not sure if this lends credence to what I think happens, but it does seem to imply some sort of significance...I'll continue to investigate this.
The bad worker blames his tools, the sucker blames luck. If you're not prepared to blame your losses on yourself and nothing else, you're not prepared to win.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Paper Mario
  3. Postgame Discount (postgame spoilers)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A