• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Paper Mario
  3. Why not evacuate everyone? (Spoilers for Chapter 6)

User Info: Scraps

Scraps
4 months ago#1
For those who've finished Chapter 6, we all know that Sammer's Kingdom is consumed by the Void and left as a blank slate afterward. But the thought struck me -- you don't see the Void in the background of that world after this happens. It's not as if it could be destroyed a second time, after all.

So why didn't the inhabitants of every other world evacuate into the World of Nothing, where they could safely wait out the destruction of other dimensions instead of being wiped out with them?

It's not as if getting to Flipside from other dimensions could be that hard -- Mario has a pipe that lets him do it from almost anywhere, and Merlee was able to make the journey from Gloam Valley on her own. And we're never told there's anything dangerous about being in the World of Nothing. Mario and co., Mr. L, and Dimentio all spend time there with no ill effects. And not only could the people take refuge there, but they could bring supplies with them to be used in reconstruction once everything is over.

Not saying this is an extremely feasible plan, but it's definitely a little strange that no one brings it up when the alternative is complete cessation of existence.
Peace and crackers!

User Info: Moddragon22

Moddragon22
2 months ago#2
Hmm... I assume that it's just because there's no resources there. They wouldn't be able to make food.
I'm not your guy, friend!

User Info: RealDimentio

RealDimentio
1 month ago#3
That does make sense! Also, there’s still light there, as they can see. Meaning that the sun exists, so bring some soil, water, seeds, food, and more over and just paint up a sky..?
"The reports of my death, were greatly exaggerated."

Scraps
1 month ago#4
Moddragon22 posted...
Hmm... I assume that it's just because there's no resources there. They wouldn't be able to make food.
I pointed out that they could bring the resources they need with them. Animals, food, soil, construction materials...Heck, in the first Paper Mario game, you got to interact with a sentient sun. You could bring him to the World of Nothing to allow for plants to grow and stuff.
Peace and crackers!

Moddragon22
1 month ago#5
Scraps posted...
I pointed out that they could bring the resources they need with them. Animals, food, soil, construction materials...Heck, in the first Paper Mario game, you got to interact with a sentient sun. You could bring him to the World of Nothing to allow for plants to grow and stuff.
That's a lot of work and time that they don't have. Remember, we're talking an entire universe of people they would have to evacuate and then feed.

User Info: RealDimentio

RealDimentio
1 month ago#6
Moddragon22 posted...
That's a lot of work and time that they don't have. Remember, we're talking an entire universe of people they would have to evacuate and then feed.
They could all take things from their worlds. So like all do it at the same time. Merlon surely has more of those pipes, so he can distribute them through every world, just so everybody can get to the Sammer’s Kingdom door. Also, the pipe does lead right up on top of the tower. So it might work.
Vote RealDimentio for SmashFAQS President! I'll make the entirety of SmashFAQS the greatest place to come and chat to others, and I'll get rid of troll topics!

Scraps
1 month ago#7
One thing I'd like to emphasize is that I'm not arguing that this should've been included in the game, since it does have a few problems. I was just pointing out that it's an interesting what-if scenario.

I definitely don't think it would be wise, or even feasible, to evacuate everyone in existence into the World of Nothing, since we have to assume that its size is limited, as is the amount of resources that can feasibly be brought there. There are also conceivably more dimensions out there than the eight or nine that you explore in-game, which leaves even more people off screen that would need to be accounted for.
Peace and crackers!

Moddragon22
1 month ago#8
Oh okay. Sorry about that.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Paper Mario
  3. Why not evacuate everyone? (Spoilers for Chapter 6)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A