• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Paper Mario
  3. Should I buy this game even though I'm not really interested in the story?

User Info: kikiriki1

kikiriki1
5 months ago#1
I'm thinking about buying this game because I really like the gameplay, but im not really that interested in the story. Many People say that the story is basically why Super Paper Mario is so great. Should I still buy it even though i'm not that interested in the story but really like the gameplay?
DO WHAT YOU WANT BUT THINK ABOUT THE OMEN

User Info: Lasagnacat

Lasagnacat
4 months ago#2
Yes

User Info: skellie2016

skellie2016
3 months ago#3
no
"Why would anyone ever smoke weed when they could just mow a lawn?" - Hank Hill

User Info: Scraps

Scraps
3 months ago#4
If you think you'll like the gameplay, then I wouldn't put much stock in what other people say about it.

When people say that the gameplay is "bad", most of them don't really mean it that way. They're upset because the platformer gameplay is different than the RPG style of the first two games, not because it's objectively bad.

From an objective standpoint, I think most people would agree that the gameplay -- the controls, level design, and do on -- is perfectly fine on its own. And most of the story is conveyed through dialogue, which you can skip through just like any other game. As long as you don't mind doing that every so often, I would think the experience would be fine for you.
Peace and crackers!

User Info: Moddragon22

Moddragon22
2 months ago#5
The gameplay is just not interesting. Like, each of the puzzles has the same setup, so that's why I don't like it. It's either "hit a" or switch to another character/pixel.
I'm not your guy, friend!
  1. Boards
  2. Super Paper Mario
  3. Should I buy this game even though I'm not really interested in the story?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A