• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Paper Mario
  3. They should remake this game!

User Info: Moddragon22

Moddragon22
2 months ago#11
Apologies for the poor grammar, I wasn't thinking that much when I wrote that. A lot of it comes off as overly melodramatic and ridiculous, and that would be fine if it was trying to be silly, but the game expects you to take Count Bleck seriously as a character when his motivation for killing everyone is "my gf is gone sad".

I like a lot of things in the game, but the story is not one of them. I love the characters, and I think that with some more focus they could be given an even better story to work with than the one they have.
I'm not your guy, friend!

User Info: Scraps

Scraps
2 months ago#12
Moddragon22 posted...
Apologies for the poor grammar, I wasn't thinking that much when I wrote that. A lot of it comes off as overly melodramatic and ridiculous, and that would be fine if it was trying to be silly, but the game expects you to take Count Bleck seriously as a character when his motivation for killing everyone is "my gf is gone sad".

I like a lot of things in the game, but the story is not one of them. I love the characters, and I think that with some more focus they could be given an even better story to work with than the one they have.
No worries about the grammar; I was just making jokesies.

Also, I understand where you're coming from about the story, and my own opinions aren't that far off. I feel like a lot of people give Count Bleck too much sympathy considering what his goal really amounted to. That's not something someone should get a free pass on just because something tragic happened to them.

I do give Bleck a little credit, though, since it's implied his behavior was exacerbated by reading the Dark Prognostics, and he at least doesn't try to sugar-coat his actions; he acknowledges all the evil he's done when you confront him and is willing to die so that all worlds can live on.

If anything, my biggest problem is that I think Tippi forgives Bleck way too quickly. Not just forgives him, but seems to gloss over his evil actions, is openly reluctant to kill him regardless of everything that's at stake, and doesn't care about giving up her own life not because she's helping to save all worlds, but because the sacrifice involves her being with Blumiere. (It's ironic that she's the reason for him to back out of his plans in the end, considering she ends up acting as though he's more important to her than what he was trying to destroy, whereas he's the one actively putting the existence of others before his own.)

I know the two were in love, but that's actually the problem -- Chapter 8 just seems to treat Tippi as though being Blumiere's love interest is the only thing that defines her character now. Her relationships with Merlon or Mario and his friends don't appear to matter to her anymore; she doesn't even say goodbye to any of them in the end.
Peace and crackers!
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Scraps

Scraps
2 months ago#13
It's funny, having said all that -- this was my first Paper Mario game, and it's still my personal favorite of the bunch, but I've found it difficult to enjoy Tippi's company on repeat playthroughs ever since I noticed how she changes during Chapter 8.

So...yeah, it's really changed how I see her as a character. I might even feel comfortable saying that I find Tiptron to be more endearing.
Peace and crackers!

User Info: Mariofan15

Mariofan15
1 month ago#14
They should release it on the switch as is. It's easily my favorite Paper Mario game.
Switch fc:SW-5006-6121-6251
  1. Boards
  2. Super Paper Mario
  3. They should remake this game!
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A