• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
  3. What's so special about 3-13 archer?

User Info: RexRagnell

RexRagnell
10 years ago#1
I tried looking up a YouTube video on him and couldn't find any. I did see what the archer looks like but I still didn't answer my question. What is so special about a particular NPC archer?
If RexRagnell was a pie crust, I would stick my sweet filling inside him -SpiritRoom402

User Info: potatomonger

potatomonger
10 years ago#2
lol joke topic lol

on the off chance that this is serious, he's the top left sniper manning the balistae on 3-13, and towards the end of the chapter, some laguz appear in the pit to the left of him. He goes down there and pwns the lot of them, and that's about it.
MK Friend Code--0774-5264-5265 Name: Mr. T
The WWATWBOARCSAHBAVATSTOSWLT list: You don't want to be on it.

RexRagnell
10 years ago#3
Oh, that's it?

Sorry, I just haven't got to that far yet, so I didn't know the inside joke. >_>
If RexRagnell was a pie crust, I would stick my sweet filling inside him -SpiritRoom402

User Info: potatomonger

potatomonger
10 years ago#4
odds are, when you get there, you won't notice him anyway. He doesn't stand out most of the time.
MK Friend Code--0774-5264-5265 Name: Mr. T
The WWATWBOARCSAHBAVATSTOSWLT list: You don't want to be on it.

User Info: charmander6000

charmander6000
10 years ago#5
The DB gets competent NPC during part 3.
Board 8 BOP: http://www.freewebs.com/charmander6000/CB7%20BOP.xls
Congratulations to FastFalcon for winning the guru contest, you are the best among the best.

User Info: VENEM69

VENEM69
10 years ago#6
That's seriously the 3-13 archer? He always gets owned for me. I have to cover for him. That jerk.

User Info: ERROR72

ERROR72
10 years ago#7
First Hard Mode Playthrought

Me: No way the 3-13 archer will take those laguz in hard mode!

3-13 archer promptly jumps down and crits and kills a cat laguz.

o_0
Warning: Anything I post may be an ERROR in judgment or thoughts or something like that.

User Info: LordFEG

LordFEG
10 years ago#8
The 3-13 Archer is a popular NPC Archer in the 13th chapter of Part 3. He is first located on the map's upper left ballista. A ballista is a large device used for firing various projectiles. The earliest form of ballistae was developed from early Greek versions of crossbows, and were generally used to fire large darts or rounded stones. However, I am not here to discuss the ballista or its origins, just to tell you about the 3-13 Archer, so I will continue to write about the 3-13 Archer instead of the history of ballistae. Please excuse my wandering. Back to the point, the thing that makes the 3-13 Archer so unique is that, unlike most NPCs, he shows some semblance of AI. Around the eighth turn of Chapter 13 of Part 3, laguz appear, ready to kill the guards blocking the gap leading to the 3-13 Archer's ballista, which is now probably out of ammo. That was likely a run-on sentence, but I'm not going to bother to fix it. At this point, the 3-13 Archer leaves his ballista, jumps off of the ledge, and proceeds to kill, or attempt to kill, the laguz ready to maul the guards. He fights for his friends. Surprisingly enough, he manages to kill the 3 laguz, more often than not,before they kill him and he becomes an hero. This makes to 3-13 Acher, i mean Archer, or actually, I mean "I mean Archer"... um, where was I again? Oh, yes. This makes the 3-13 Archer a standout among NPCs, and is why I'm writing right now. Sorry for the confusion. However, on a more interesting note, the 3-13 Archer isn't really an archer, but a Sniper. That is to say, he is an archer, as in someone who fires a bow, but his official class title in the game is Sniper, as in someone who's really good with a bow, not someone standing in a window with a rifle trying to shoot the President. But it seems like of gone off topic yet again, and if it happens another time I give up with the writing. Anyways, most people's reasoning for the 3-13 Archer's title is either that "3-13 Sniper doesn't sound as good" or "I'm too much of a lazy ass to care". Thus, the 3-13 Sniper got his title as the 3-13 Archer, and continued to inspire me as I wrote this.
One of The Dedicated 500 - #483
Message Sponsored by LordFEG, LordGheb, FireEmblemGuy, but not DisgaeaGuy.

RexRagnell
10 years ago#9
rofl nice explanation. I got it now

User Info: galaxiadarkness

galaxiadarkness
10 years ago#10
TC, Goldiex39 had a video about the 3-13 archer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vTIHQN8pDs&feature=channel_page
FIRE EMBLEM!
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
  3. What's so special about 3-13 archer?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Is what I heard true? Tech Support1 Answer
How do I recruit Sephiran/Leharn? Build3 Answers
3-13-which should I choose? Main Quest2 Answers
When can Sothe change classes? General2 Answers
Should i kill the senators? General6 Answers