• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Weird Start to the Game

User Info: Aerolithe_Lion

Aerolithe_Lion
1 month ago#1
Hi everyone, I just recently started this game for the first time a few days ago, but the pacing is very unusual for a FF game.

I have just started chapter 3, and the weapons I can buy in the store are 100 attack, but I got a glass gemstone off of some soldiers, so that gave me an upgraded engine blade, but then I already had the next upgrade item (?), so now I have an ultima blade (300+ Attack sword), and have still yet to meet Iris in Lestallum.

and now just yesterday there was a timed quest where I kill some cactuar, who are really easy to kill but give me 66,000 exp every time! So I spent a couple hours doing that, banked up 700,000 exp, and now I’m level 70. Of course they gave me cactuar needles so I also have a 350 attack auto crossbow. Today I’ve just been walking over all of the easy hunts, I’m a level 5 almost 6 hunter and I’m only 10 hours into the game.

is this how it is supposed to be for everyone? Weapons shops seem suddenly completely obsolete, and everything is 50 levels below me.

Also, should I just do the Insomnia sewer dungeon now as I’m of appropriate level?

User Info: NSGraphite

NSGraphite
1 month ago#2
Aerolithe_Lion posted...
Hi everyone, I just recently started this game for the first time a few days ago, but the pacing is very unusual for a FF game.

I have just started chapter 3, and the weapons I can buy in the store are 100 attack, but I got a glass gemstone off of some soldiers, so that gave me an upgraded engine blade, but then I already had the next upgrade item (?), so now I have an ultima blade (300+ Attack sword), and have still yet to meet Iris in Lestallum.

and now just yesterday there was a timed quest where I kill some cactuar, who are really easy to kill but give me 66,000 exp every time! So I spent a couple hours doing that, banked up 700,000 exp, and now I’m level 70. Of course they gave me cactuar needles so I also have a 350 attack auto crossbow. Today I’ve just been walking over all of the easy hunts, I’m a level 5 almost 6 hunter and I’m only 10 hours into the game.

is this how it is supposed to be for everyone? Weapons shops seem suddenly completely obsolete, and everything is 50 levels below me.

Also, should I just do the Insomnia sewer dungeon now as I’m of appropriate level?
You've just found the exp exploits. This game is pretty easy to exploit its experience system. Next time I play the game I am not going to do that. Try a normal pace levelling up and see how the challenge is doing that.
PS4 at 115 million baby!

User Info: KrankyKat

KrankyKat
1 month ago#3
The Timed Quests weren't part of the game originally. They started as a sort of online ladder thing with big rewards, then were integrated into the game in their current form with much lesser rewards.

imo they shouldn't have activated those for players until you finish the story, because yeah, they can be very exploitable, but that's just me. One can always not do them, as already mentioned. Just like one can put on the Nix Band to not level up when resting etc.

Even before all the op'd methods/gear, the game was never designed to be be very difficult. You have to create your own difficulty, unless you're on PC with hex edit mods.
9900k|2080ti-ftw3|32ddr4-3200|970 Pro SSD - Diablo1 runs fantastic
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Miwa27

Miwa27
1 month ago#4
KrankyKat posted...
The Timed Quests weren't part of the game originally. They started as a sort of online ladder thing with big rewards, then were integrated into the game in their current form with much lesser rewards.
Played the game when it came out, never heard of these Timed Quests. Was it apart of the Royal Edition or Comrades or something? Or a patched in update? Admittedly I gave away the game after I beat it so wouldn't know.
None of this makes sense to me - Sora & Yozora about Kingdom Hearts.
Nomura <3

User Info: egpNoodlez

egpNoodlez
1 month ago#5
Miwa27 posted...
Played the game when it came out, never heard of these Timed Quests. Was it apart of the Royal Edition or Comrades or something? Or a patched in update? Admittedly I gave away the game after I beat it so wouldn't know.
Patched in during one of the earlier updates. They're only there to make AP grinding bareable, since playing normally you'd generally only ever afford a single 999 AP ability over the course of a single playthrough due to how crap it is getting AP in the first place.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/egpNoodlez/BBE_40.jpg
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/egpNoodlez.png

User Info: Goldninja

Goldninja
4 weeks ago#6
I don't think I've even tried the timed quests yet. I always forget they're there. I'll have to check it out. I'm in post game anyway.
FFBE Username: Ultima
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Weird Start to the Game
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A