• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Guys, I need some advice...

User Info: Daimeion

Daimeion
1 month ago#1
Okay, here's the thing, I have two choices. I can get the base game for free(used) or get the royal edition for $59.99.
And I have to say, I'm quite tempted to get the game for free from my friend.
But how much would I be missing out from the royal edition?

User Info: slmcknett

slmcknett
1 month ago#2
You'd be missing a lot without the Royal Edition, but also it's def not worth 60 bucks.

I guess go with the free one since it's free? But I mean, it says the Royal is only 35 bucks on PSN -- is that not the case for you? That's better than 60.
Watch "Final Fantasy XV Abridged" and "Kingdom Hearts Abridged" right here!
https://www.youtube.com/user/mcknett3
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Repose

Repose
1 month ago#3
Royal Edition goes on sale a lot, both on the PSN store as well as in stores. I would wait for a sale and buy Royal Edition. Don't buy it second hand though, as the DLC is through vouchers and they might have been used already by the previous owner.

As slm already said, it's not really worth the 60 dollars as the game is a few years old already, goes on sale frequently and you won't know how much you'll like it.
I'm gonna fix that spaghetti

User Info: rosacea

rosacea
1 month ago#4
Where are going that the Royal edition is $60?!?!?! the ps4 store should have it around $20 at most

The royal edition is arguably better but my god DO NOT pay $60 for it
The grass is full of clingy things

User Info: Daimeion

Daimeion
1 month ago#5
Oh, it's $59.99 at a game store close to where I live. The clerk who works there is shady has hell. I've never really bought anything from PSN since I love physical copies.
So the DLC is actually important to the base story in this game. That's new.

So based on the consensus, get Royal Edition. DO NOT pay $60 for it, wait till it goes on sale.
Okay, thanks guys.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Repose

Repose
1 month ago#6
Is it an option for you to buy online? If so try Amazon for a physical copy, it's currently 20 pounds on the uk one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Final-Fantasy-XV-Royal-PS4/dp/B0793HHXP8

Probably around the same price on the us one. Just make sure to buy it new and not used or the dlc will be used up already.

If you're really not sure about how much you'll like it you can always borrow the base game from your friend and play a few chapters to see how you like it.
I'm gonna fix that spaghetti

User Info: Tris10

Tris10
1 month ago#7
Royal Edition without question.
Characters disappear and return later in the game and the 3 main DEC'S chronicle what happened to them, without it it's basically a mystery regarding their absence.
From a storytelling perspective this game is already heavily flawed to start with. A MAJOR event towards the start is criminally glossed over . You have to watch the Kingsglaive film to find out what went down. But since the game already spoils the outcome I never bothered watching lol.
I shudder to think what the base game day 1 was like to play.
It drops deep as it does in my breath/
I never sleep, cus sleep is the cousin of death.....

User Info: slmcknett

slmcknett
1 month ago#8
Daimeion posted...
get Royal Edition. DO NOT pay $60 for it
Yuppp

Tris10 posted...
I shudder to think what the base game day 1 was like to play.
It wasn't awful, but definitely disappointing af when you finish it and realize that's all there was to it.

I mean even with the Royal, I'd say it's still only a 7/10 game.
Watch "Final Fantasy XV Abridged" and "Kingdom Hearts Abridged" right here!
https://www.youtube.com/user/mcknett3

User Info: Tris10

Tris10
1 month ago#9
slmcknett posted...
Yuppp

It wasn't awful, but definitely disappointing af when you finish it and realize that's all there was to it.

I mean even with the Royal, I'd say it's still only a 7/10 game.
Totally agree, 7/10 at BEST. However I did get caught up with the brotherly bond and when the credits rolled playing 'stand by me' it caught me in the feels. I'm not a fan of boy band look, but they did their job pretty well.
It drops deep as it does in my breath/
I never sleep, cus sleep is the cousin of death.....

User Info: Happy2lucky

Happy2lucky
1 month ago#10
Can't you just use the free base game, and get the Royal Pass upgrade DLC thing? That goes as low as like $10 on sale. No reason to buy the whole ass Royal Edition

You could even just start the base game without buying anything since you're not gonna want to do any of the DLC episodes until around chapter 7
Currently playing: too many to keep track of. These are unusual times.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Guys, I need some advice...
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A