• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Just ordered royal edition(spoilers) any tips welcomed
completeboy posted...
why is it bad to power level?

The game has next to zero challenge. Leveling up, stat maxing, etc is not advised, unless cheesing your way through a game is your thing.

User Info: completeboy

completeboy
1 month ago#12
Steve_McCroskey posted...
The game has next to zero challenge. Leveling up, stat maxing, etc is not advised, unless cheesing your way through a game is your thing.
there are big enemies like that giant turtle, I am sure leveling will come handy somewhere, anyways I am most excited about gameplay, can you control other characters too?

is this game like ff13 where it is game over once leader dies?
Video games are a part of my life.

User Info: Blair85

Blair85
1 month ago#13
It is game over if the leader dies, but you have a moment after death, to use a Phoenix down, so unless you actively try to die, you won't game over

You can play as all 4 party members, you just need to unlock it on the skill tree first. Each of them has a unique playstyle, and enemy types that they are better at fighting

Even the highest level enemies can be beaten at low level, but if you aren't a big fan of skill based gameplay, it's best not to try a low level run. If you just do the sidequests, you should level comfortably enough, to not have much trouble

completeboy
1 month ago#14
Blair85 posted...
It is game over if the leader dies, but you have a moment after death, to use a Phoenix down, so unless you actively try to die, you won't game over

You can play as all 4 party members, you just need to unlock it on the skill tree first. Each of them has a unique playstyle, and enemy types that they are better at fighting

Even the highest level enemies can be beaten at low level, but if you aren't a big fan of skill based gameplay, it's best not to try a low level run. If you just do the sidequests, you should level comfortably enough, to not have much trouble
nice to know that each plays differently, I am more excited now about the gameplay, will need to wait till Saturday to receive and potentially weeks before update is finished, I will check youtube videos about tips now

I really hope it meets expectations, I have low expectations about the story but high expectations about gameplay

User Info: fohstick

fohstick
1 month ago#15
unlock the ability to control your party members as soon as possible. They're really overpowered and can get you out of tougher situations.

you don't have to grind until the final dungeon, which has very tough enemies and bosses

completeboy
1 month ago#16
fohstick posted...
unlock the ability to control your party members as soon as possible. They're really overpowered and can get you out of tougher situations.

you don't have to grind until the final dungeon, which has very tough enemies and bosses
I see

completeboy
1 month ago#17
I have installed royal pack while the update to version 1.29 and individual episodes and the comrades dlc remains pending

can I start playing or wait for the update to finish?
current version is 1.00, so from this to 1,29 it can be major changes so I guess I should wait
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Blair85

Blair85
1 month ago#18
Unfortunately the royal content won't be active until you're on a build that came out after it. You can play the game, and by the time you start getting into that content, it should be finished downloading probably

User Info: Brocknoth

Brocknoth
1 month ago#19
Get the update. The other 4 items can wait. As for tips items are your friend.

As long as you have phoenix downs you can never lose.
"You don't scare me. I play Touhou."
~ http://www.backloggery.com/brocknoth ~
(edited 1 month ago)

completeboy
1 month ago#20
just finished the update, I paid extra money for extra bandwidth, all I get is 2gb a day here

anyways, I was about to make a topic that the game seems too easy before I got nearly out in the very second fight of pest control quest, so it is somewhat similar to kingdom hearts, but I like the parry dodge options, and overall feels excellent, I am eager to fight bigger enemies already, currently set to active, I have no idea how to use curative magic or even potion, will try wait mode and I want to know if there is a way to defend an attack instead of just dodge

and does other characters differ a lot in play style compared to main guy?
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Just ordered royal edition(spoilers) any tips welcomed
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers

How to beat the Malboro? Enemy/Boss1 Answer
What to sell and what to keep? Build2 Answers
Unable to level up? General1 Answer
Deluxe or Day One? General7 Answers
Where is the dungeon key to Costlemark Tower? Main Quest1 Answer