• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Just ordered royal edition(spoilers) any tips welcomed

User Info: completeboy

completeboy
1 month ago#1
so I heard that it is incomplete game even in this edition, is it incomplete because story was not explained or ending was quickly rushed or something?

not so sure about battle system, it looks good but warping in air and weapon coming out of thing air seems bad to me

I play games for gameplay first and story is not a primary or even secondary for me when it comes to importance of the game

see star ocean 5, I bought it knowing how cheap it is and after downloading initial data I came to know how indie level bad it is where even new characters joining the party has no cutscene and feels generic, but I bought it for gameplay, star ocean series has quality battle system

I plan to level up first and grind for money and treasures, any tips? I assume that I would have to download big patches first as I live in India and it comes under EU region, internet connections here are not unlimited and slow on top of it, 50 gb patch will take days but I am hyped for the game
Video games are a part of my life.

User Info: egpNoodlez

egpNoodlez
1 month ago#2
Story is still patchy as heck. Ending is fine, it's actually pretty well done.

Combat is okay, just basic. Warping is good, you can warp through an enemy to quickly blindside them, or use it to avoid unphaseable attacks. Otherwise, a Warp Strike form long range has good damage multipliers. Ideally stick near the team, when performing blindsides and parries allies can join in for a link-strike which ups damage considerably. Blink allows you to cancel attacks pretty easily, so don't be afraid to commit to long chains.

If you want to level and stuff, get to chapter 3 The Open World. Most people spend a majority of the playtime there and can finish at average of level 60 in that chapter.

Armiger Unleashed, you're never told how to actually get it which is kind of stupid lol, especially since you paid for this content. I won't spoil it ahead of time, but once you're interested let me know in this topic and I'll detail the steps, earliest you can get it is chapter 13. Basically, normal Armiger is kind of a standard Final Fantasy limit break, while Armiger Unleashed let's you use it like in the anime and movies, and is the most skilful combat system in the game since the finishers have to be executed precisely.

Overall it's fun, just disappointing.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/egpNoodlez/BBE_40.jpg
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/egpNoodlez.png

completeboy
1 month ago#3
egpNoodlez posted...
Story is still patchy as heck. Ending is fine, it's actually pretty well done.

Combat is okay, just basic. Warping is good, you can warp through an enemy to quickly blindside them, or use it to avoid unphaseable attacks. Otherwise, a Warp Strike form long range has good damage multipliers. Ideally stick near the team, when performing blindsides and parries allies can join in for a link-strike which ups damage considerably. Blink allows you to cancel attacks pretty easily, so don't be afraid to commit to long chains.

If you want to level and stuff, get to chapter 3 The Open World. Most people spend a majority of the playtime there and can finish at average of level 60 in that chapter.

Armiger Unleashed, you're never told how to actually get it which is kind of stupid lol, especially since you paid for this content. I won't spoil it ahead of time, but once you're interested let me know in this topic and I'll detail the steps, earliest you can get it is chapter 13. Basically, normal Armiger is kind of a standard Final Fantasy limit break, while Armiger Unleashed let's you use it like in the anime and movies, and is the most skilful combat system in the game since the finishers have to be executed precisely.

Overall it's fun, just disappointing.
thanks for the info, I have not played ni no kuni yet and when it comes to jrpgs ps3 was a let down with tales of xillia being the only standout for me, have not yet played persona 5 and waiting for royal edition

dragon quest 11 was confusing and boring and is pending as is tales of vesperia which is another letdown

hopefully ff15 does not let down

User Info: egpNoodlez

egpNoodlez
1 month ago#4
completeboy posted...
hopefully ff15 does not let down
I guess it depends on what you're looking for. It's hardly a traditional JRPG even discounting that it's an ARPG, but yeah story doesn't have those long cutscene moments that JRPGs are known for. It's basically SquEnix's take on a WRPG. Honestly, FFXV is an alright game but nothing amazing. I usually play it when I burnt out from everything else.

For JRPGs, DQ11 should be as traditional as they come, I've never played DQ but AFAIK they don't really change that much which is why their fans like the series, it's not like FF which tries something new every game.

Persona 5 I thought was fantastic. After being burnt out of JRPGs for a while, I happily did two runs of that game and got platinum, I enjoyed that so much.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/egpNoodlez/BBE_40.jpg
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/egpNoodlez.png

completeboy
1 month ago#5
egpNoodlez posted...
I guess it depends on what you're looking for. It's hardly a traditional JRPG even discounting that it's an ARPG, but yeah story doesn't have those long cutscene moments that JRPGs are known for. It's basically SquEnix's take on a WRPG. Honestly, FFXV is an alright game but nothing amazing. I usually play it when I burnt out from everything else.

For JRPGs, DQ11 should be as traditional as they come, I've never played DQ but AFAIK they don't really change that much which is why their fans like the series, it's not like FF which tries something new every game.

Persona 5 I thought was fantastic. After being burnt out of JRPGs for a while, I happily did two runs of that game and got platinum, I enjoyed that so much.
I see, I am hyped for persona 5 royal, never finished any persona game but played a lot of 3 and 4, I do not like the summon system and difficulty bumps but I like the gameplay and story telling in those games

as far as ff15 is concerned, I hope it is long enough game at the very least

User Info: Blair85

Blair85
1 month ago#6
It's long, if you do all the side content, maybe even too long (though that's entirely based on how much you enjoy your time with it). But if you rush just the story, it's about 15-20 hours

User Info: vanishingwings

vanishingwings
1 month ago#7
If you're playing for gameplay, I don't know how you'll take ffxv. The combat is pretty simplistic and while that's not a bad thing, it does get repetitive after a bit. The sidequests may start off seemingly interesting, but they get boring and repetitive fairly quickly (they're basically fetch or kill quests). Also keep in mind it's super easy to get over leveled early in the game. The story is okay. I like it. It's nothing spectacular or amazing to me, but I did get some enjoyment out of it (I doubt you'll have a problem with it if story isn't a top priority for you anyway).
here to enjoy discussing games ~

completeboy
1 month ago#8
thanks for the info, one important question I forgot to ask, if I start playing with updating it fully, will my progress be a mess? I mean the game will take a long time updating due to lack of high speed and unlimited internet here, so if I update it later there would be issues? in short it will be updated fully eventually is it safe to start playing or better to wait for the update as there would be missing content if I reach a certain level and progress in the game a lot by the time update is done?
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Steve_McCroskey

Steve_McCroskey
1 month ago#9
completeboy posted...
I plan to level up first and grind for money and treasures

Bad idea.

one important question I forgot to ask, if I start playing with updating it fully, will my progress be a mess?

Generally no, but then why take the risk at all by doing things in halfass fashion? Update first then play, irrespective of how long it takes.

completeboy
1 month ago#10
Steve_McCroskey posted...
Bad idea.

Generally no, but then why take the risk at all by doing things in halfass fashion? Update first then play, irrespective of how long it takes.
I see I will wait for update to finish, I have many games going on anyways

why is it bad to power level? I do not like low level elite skill based play style even though perfect dodge and defending and stuff can be fun but that does not suit every jrpg game, ff12 is my favorite ff games but as I am replaying the remaster right now, I noticed a fatal flaw in its battle system, there is no defend option, sure you can buff with protect and stuff but there is literally no defending option
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Just ordered royal edition(spoilers) any tips welcomed
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers

How to beat the Malboro? Enemy/Boss1 Answer
What to sell and what to keep? Build2 Answers
Unable to level up? General1 Answer
Deluxe or Day One? General7 Answers
Where is the dungeon key to Costlemark Tower? Main Quest1 Answer