• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Is it possible to hex edit / glitch Sarah as a permanent party member? [console]

User Info: UnseenChaos

UnseenChaos
1 month ago#1
Specifically for Xbox (that board is dead). I’m assuming it would be similar to PS4, if not identical.

Just played through the Terra Battle side quest (yeah I know I’m a little late) and damn, did they do a good job with this character. Would definitely be a fun addition to the party. Since it’s been over a year now, does anyone have any info on how to possibly recruit her permanently? I know next to nothing about hex/save editing but I’m willing to learn.

The only info I’ve discovered so far was in this thread, which basically tells you it’s possible, but not HOW to do it.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/77140841
Illusions of the past. You think to have cast them off, only to find them years later, unwearying, unrelenting. -- Foris Zecht
https://twitch.tv/Unseen_Chaos

User Info: Kaz13

Kaz13
1 month ago#2
May have to try PC forums or Steam forums. PS4 is nigh impossible though I believe XBox does have more leeway in modding to a small extent.
I had a god damned P L A N

UnseenChaos
4 weeks ago#3
Kaz13 posted...
May have to try PC forums or Steam forums. PS4 is nigh impossible though I believe XBox does have more leeway in modding to a small extent.

Thanks for the reply! It’s heartening to know that it might be a bit easier on Xbox. If I find anything out soon-ish I’ll update this topic.
Illusions of the past. You think to have cast them off, only to find them years later, unwearying, unrelenting. -- Foris Zecht

User Info: Kohlrak

Kohlrak
4 weeks ago#4
UnseenChaos posted...
Kaz13 posted...

Thanks for the reply! It’s heartening to know that it might be a bit easier on Xbox. If I find anything out soon-ish I’ll update this topic.

See, i'm not that familiar with the side-quests, but the Aranea glitch is theoretically possible with her if you can find a repeatable sidequest that somehow pulls her in.

UnseenChaos
4 weeks ago#5
Kohlrak posted...
UnseenChaos posted...
Kaz13 posted...

See, i'm not that familiar with the side-quests, but the Aranea glitch is theoretically possible with her if you can find a repeatable sidequest that somehow pulls her in.

The type of glitch used to get Aranea to stay in the party won’t work with Sarah, afaik, since she only joins Noctis, not the full party. Plus the side quest she’s involved in takes place in a completely different world. Maybe it’ll still work and I’m just dumb, but it seems I’d have to use a different method.

Kohlrak
4 weeks ago#6
UnseenChaos posted...
Kohlrak posted...
UnseenChaos posted...
Kaz13 posted...

The type of glitch used to get Aranea to stay in the party won’t work with Sarah, afaik, since she only joins Noctis, not the full party. Plus the side quest she’s involved in takes place in a completely different world. Maybe it’ll still work and I’m just dumb, but it seems I’d have to use a different method.

I'm not familiar with those sidequests. My understanding of the Aranea glitch is that to cancel Aranea out of the party, you have to trigger the end of that particular fight that she jumps in on either by running away or by finishing it or by dying. The issue is, if you run away before the game installs said trigger, you have to actually run back into the fight to get her to go away.

The idea, then, would be to find a way that you can get Sarah to join the party (even without the others) and then avoid triggering the event that makes her leave, and then find a way to get the other party members back. The trick to this, however, would be finding something easy to access so you can restart the process. My understanding of the Aranea glitch is that she's tied to that particular mob hunt, so you can call up that mob hunt at any time after a certain point of the story incase you royally screw up.

In theory, if there's such an event with a friendly Ardyn, you could pull the same thing off with him as well. Same with Cor, if he joins any mob hunts or repeatable sidequests.

UnseenChaos
4 weeks ago#7
@Kohlrak
Wow, very great info, thanks! Based on what you said, Cor should be recruitable in a couple of locations. If you have the royal edition, you can also pick him up in Insomnia before the final battle.

However, I don’t think this will work with Sarah, as you are unable to save your progress during the side quest with her, nor can you save your game afterwards. I don’t know if you can leave the side quest area until you trigger the final event that causes her to leave the party. And even if you can, I doubt it would matter unless no save is required for this to somehow translate over into your save file.

I can try to do some testing with the quest whenever I finish the game again (rushing through the menace dungeons as I’m typing this out). I don’t have high hopes for this method. There has to be another way to do it, I’m just not sure what it is on console.

Kohlrak
4 weeks ago#8
UnseenChaos posted...
@Kohlrak
Wow, very great info, thanks! Based on what you said, Cor should be recruitable in a couple of locations. If you have the royal edition, you can also pick him up in Insomnia before the final battle.

However, I don’t think this will work with Sarah, as you are unable to save your progress during the side quest with her, nor can you save your game afterwards. I don’t know if you can leave the side quest area until you trigger the final event that causes her to leave the party. And even if you can, I doubt it would matter unless no save is required for this to somehow translate over into your save file.

I can try to do some testing with the quest whenever I finish the game again (rushing through the menace dungeons as I’m typing this out). I don’t have high hopes for this method. There has to be another way to do it, I’m just not sure what it is on console.

The trick with these, though, is that it's a real pain if you have to go through chapter select or something like that.

User Info: Blair85

Blair85
4 weeks ago#9
I'll never understand why SE didn't make it, so that, in post game, we could recruit all the guest characters at will. Including Y'jimbe (think that was her name, the cat girl from the XIV event). Have it so each one has a different recruiting method. You could recruit Aranea as a mercenary for money, call Cor for support, ask Iris out for a day of fun, take Y'Jimbe on an adventure around Eos, have a waking dream with Sarah in the party, manifest the memories of Ravus, etc.

Even if you had to go to Umbra in order to do it, fine, but there's no reason to not have it at all. It wouldn't even clash with the lore. We're already travelling back in time, is it so much to ask that we could travel back to the time when each character was in our party?
(edited 4 weeks ago)

Kohlrak
4 weeks ago#10
I just think it's 'cause they never really did. Final Fantasy has the 4-man trope since the the first game. It'd've been cool, but i'm not surprised.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Is it possible to hex edit / glitch Sarah as a permanent party member? [console]
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers

Deluxe or Day One? General7 Answers
How to beat the Malboro? Enemy/Boss1 Answer
What to sell and what to keep? Build2 Answers
Where is the dungeon key to Costlemark Tower? Main Quest1 Answer
Unable to level up? General1 Answer